Consequences

Lilly collapses, drained. She catches her breath on the floor. Eli kneels beside her and lifts her up. "Hey little sister." He says. A hooded guard stomps out into the lobby, eyes glowing green behind a dark mask. He stands in their way with one hand up, blocking their passage, and a katana in the other. Risser walks around Eli and Lilly to the guard, he uses the magic blocking their way as nourishment, getting close to the guard without trouble. He breathes deep, full of power. The guard swings the sword- Risser leans back, dodging the attack, the guard is fast and swings again and again- when he swings straight down Risser takes the opportunity to step on the blade when it nears the floor. He lands a single blow to his opponents heart. His hand breaks into his chest. He removes his hand, a beating demon heart lies inside. The guard falls. Risser picks up the sword. The crowd around them scatter, some running for their lives, others attacking, Risser swings the sword decapitating vampire after vampire, a cloud of dust at his feet.

...............................

After a quick, much awaited for shower, Anne dresses herself and steps back into the room finding the gang sitting around laughing at old stories. Something strikes her. The pinch in her chest becomes a pit in her stomach. The air is thick. In her mind she sees Lilly, heart broken and confused, the air is electrified with panic. A chill washes over her.

"Oh God." She says aloud. The group looks to her. Before Jane can ask what's wrong Anne blurts it out. "They're here, she let them inside."

.........................

A hundred scary monsters run for their lives. Risser slashes and tears at anyone in his way. Lilly stumbles as her brother carries her. With a glance Eli pushes scores of demons off their feet. They enter the elevator.

............................

The Slayer and her friends stand at the ready in he hall. The elevator lights clock on one by one, closer and closer. "Anne, go inside, hide." Jane says. Anne runs, doing as she is told, her powers of seeing and feeling will not be much use here. Crash holds his sawed off shotgun- armed with silver beads which have been soaked and blessed with Holy Water. Belle ties a knife to the end of her staff with duck-tape. The elevator continues to climb, just one floor away now. "What do you guys want to do after?" Belle asks. "I haven't been to a movie in forever." Crash says.

"They're all in 3D now, I'm not paying extra for that." Jane says.

"The world is doomed." Nathan mutters.

The last bell dings and the doors open.

There is a moment of silence and recognition as Nathan sees Lilly. He feels the sinking dread of betrayal, Lilly, in the elevator, slides down into the small back corner. "I don't want to fight." She says aloud mostly to herself. Eli steps out in front. "Wait," He says to the group in the hall. "I want to talk. Just talk. To you." He looks at Jane. Risser is done waiting, Nathan stands here in this hall while his baby sister rots in the ground. He is done waiting. Risser pushes past Eli- Crash opens fire, the shells hit Risser's face burning holes which will never heal but it's not enough to stop him, Belle scratches him with the blade attached to her staff but Risser is able to give her a straight kick to the chest- sending her down the hall with the intense pain of four cracked ribs.

Nathan falls into him, they knock each other into walls, both strong enough to bash them but not each other. Jane moves past the two brutes to Eli, "You're the one, the reason for all this."

"It doesn't have to be this way." he pleads.

"Who told you that?!" She says landing a blow to his eye, without a second to breathe she kicks again and again- He fights back with mostly defensive tactics. Crash pumps the shotgun and aims at Eli- The gun flies out of Crash's hand and falls to the floor next to Eli. Jane uppercuts him. It has little effect. He looks into her eyes recognizing their resemblance immediately, he grabs her by the neck, not to hurt but keep her still. "I'm disappointed you don't see it."

"See what?" She says trying to fight him off.

"The family resemblance. She stops struggling. "Please, don't fight me little sister."

Or appears behind him, she puts a hand on his head "Discede!" She commands, and with a thunderous roar he is gone, teleported somewhere far from here. Jane drops to the ground grabbing her neck for air but the air doesn't come. She did see a resemblance.

Risser and Nathan break through the wall into a room. Risser takes Nathans head and slams it into the kitchen counter but he goes right through it. Nathans comes up with an uppercut knocking Risser into the ceiling, he comes crashing back.

In the hall, Crash runs to Belle on the floor. She coughs blood as he helps her up. "You need to get out of here..." He says but she pushes him off and runs to the hole in the wall. "We have to capture him," She tells Or, "I need him alive- he knows-" as Risser cocks his arm back to strike Nathan she takes it and holds tight but Risser pushes her back and kicks her in the gut, she flies through a wall and into the next room, smashing her head on a table, knocked out. Or gets close to Risser, she lifts her hands to form a barrier to imprison him but before she has a chance he takes her hands in his breaking all of her fingers in the process. She screams, and as she does he leans in and whispers, "Me omnia Posse." And a river of visible magic leaves her body and is absorbed into his. Belle can't come any closer, the heat of it is too intense and the light grows more and more intense until it is all there is. When the white finally fades and the room is clear again Or is gone, turn to ash. Risser is all that remains. His eyes glow yellow, within him a power grows beyond measure. Nathan lets fly with a left hook, all his might behind it but Risser stops it before it reaches him merely taking Nathan's hand and breaking it with no effort at all. Nathan goes down. Risser Laughs as he lifts his own hand with the intention on bringing it down on Nathan, crushing him into bits an pieces but before he has a chance, Belle jumps between them.

"You are powerless to stop me now." Risser barks at her.

"I know." She says looking up at him.

Jane gets up in the next room, her head still foggy. Looking at Belle, Risser takes a knife from his belt, Jane runs at him- she leaps- Risser brings the knife down. Jane and Risser come tumbling onto the kitchen floor. He gets up again ignoring Jane, moving to Nathan, and as he tries again to kill his sister's executioner Lilly tackles him, "No!" She yells. And as they fall, they disappear, transported by Lilly's magic somewhere outside the hotel.

"Oh God..." Crash's voice quivers. Jane stands up rubbing her hand. Anne steps into the room from the hall. Nathan sits up on his knees looking on helplessly as Crash tries to stop the bleeding. But it's too late, Belle is dead.