Chapter 1: The Dust Finally Settled

It had been three days since what they called 'The Dusting'. After they found out Philza was gone, Mellohi and Technoblade decided to go see who else had survived. After they had swept through the SMP, and even L'Manburg's ruins just to be safe, they brought everyone together and did a headcount.

"Okay, here's how it's going to work," Techno explained. "I'm going to call out every name on the server. Reply loudly so we know you're still alive. I'm also going to call out a few names I know have been Dusted, just so you know who's gone. Got it?"

There was a chorus of hums. Mellohi was excited to see that everyone had put aside their differences with Techno to help. Though for the cause, not so much.

"Antfrost."

No reply.

"Off to a good start," Techno deadpanned. "Sam."

"Here."

"Okay, good. Bad?"

"Here."

"Callahan."

No reply. Not even a hand raise.

"Captain Puffy."

"What?"

"Connor."

No reply.

"I mean, he kinda had that coming," Techno said. Everyone nodded their heads.

"Dream?"

"He's still in the prison," Sam said, satisfaction playing in his cold eyes. The Creeper hybrid frightened Mellohi.

"Eret."

No reply.

"Foolish."

"Yo."

"Fundy."

"Here."

"Ghostbur?"

"I'm right here, Technoblade!"

"I forgot you were already dead. George?"

No reply.

"Hannah?"

No reply.

"HBomb?"

No reply.

"Alyssa?"

Once again, no reply.

"Jack Manifold?"

"Right here, Blade."

"That wasn't exactly necessary, but congrats on breaking the streak," Technoblade replied monotonously. "Karl?"

"Popping off!"

"Niki?"

No reply. Mellohi felt her eyes prick.

Techno paused. In a quiet voice he said, "Philza?"

The little Enderman felt one traitorous tear sting her cheek when she heard no reply.

"Ponk?"

"Here. Well, most of me is here," he said as he raised the stump that was his arm.

"Punz."

"Here."

"Purpled?"

No reply.

"Quackity?"

No reply.

"Ranboo."

"Right here."