Chapter:3

"She feels odd in a very strange way….", Rio mumbled to herself.

After dropping you off at that complex, all the others went their separate ways. It was really late but one of them didn't go to her house, instead she turned to and rang the bell of  a certain house door. 

She still had one thing on her mind, which she was sure would not let her sleep. 

….that needle

She didn't have anything to put it in so she used a leaf, wrapping it up in it. 

There was only one scientist in their group who she could turn to. 

"Oh hey Rio! Isn't this a bit late to visit?"Okuda, the girl with glasses and purple braided hair, questioned. Rio wanted to tell her exactly what happened but something in her gut told her not to  ….not yet at least. And so she quickly made up a scenario as for how she found that needle and okuda being the gullible, believed her. 

She told Rio to go home and that she will run some tests on it and discuss the results with her tomorrow. 

Thanking her and telling her good night, Rio left.

……

After they all left, you finally let out a deep sigh of relief. You went inside the complex, found your apartment 25, unlocked the door and got in. 

You closed the door and tried to search for the switchboard for lights by feeling the wall nearby but you couldn't find it.

You sighed again and proceeded to make your way further inside in the dark blindly 'cause the only thing you wanted...no...desperately NEEDED, sat right beside the large window, shining in the purity of the crescent moon…*#sodreamy*

.

.

THE..!!….

.

.

…..bed

You slowly walked up to it, bumping into some furniture while at it. 

From almost one foot away, you threw yourself across it, face first….harshly. you were confused, frustrated and wanted to scream but didn't have the strength to. You felt drained...like literally. All you could do was groan and grunt AND….groan….

"….Nagisa…maybe….i can talk to him about my situation…."

 You didn't know why but….it felt like he is the only one you can trust right now. Or maybe staying silent until you know your situation better will be a wiser decision instead…. But judging by the considerate behaviour of his back in the woods. 

*(Flashback to when Nagisa called you aside to talk)*

You were freaking out inwardly. 'Oh god...what is he gonna say!? What does he want!? Think...think (y/n) think, make something up! Any excuse and-'

"Are you really ok?"

"Huh?"You were caught off-guard by his unexpected gentle and concerned and genuine question. "Oh! Uh yes! I'm good! Why do you ask…?". You responded with a smile although in the back of your head you knew he wasn't convinced. 

"Really?" , he raised a brow at you and continued, "the way you were fidgeting back there. And right now, you're all sweaty and taking nervous gulps like that. Your breathing is regid. I can tell there is something you are hiding. You? Getting into a forest accidently? …..sorry but this 'reasoning' of yours isn't sitting well with me at all… and I am sure others aren't buying your excuse either.". You were at a loss for words as he continued on, "now...i didn't pull you aside to threaten you or anything. It's just….i can tell, there are some serious issues here. I also realised that you are not ready to tell as we're practically strangers but….you can trust us, we all are gonna be classmates and hopefully friends too.". He gave you a cheeky and shy smile and went to catch up with others with you following close behind.