chapter- 5

Your eyes snapped open when you heard the alarm going off. You groaned and rubbed your tired eyes as that reluntless screaming of the stupid divice continued untill you slammed it shut and smiled.

'Man, I always wanted to do that'

You had woken up at 5 in the morning just because of what karma had said last night.

You slowly sat up yawning, and very reluctantly peeled yourself off of the bed. With your groggy steps, you made your way to the wardrobe and snatched out the spare uniform you also found earlier.

Moving on to the other basic morning things....brushing teeth, bathing and dressing up. It all took nearly 30 minutes. After getting done with that, you made yourself two quick veg sandwiches with a glass of juice.

While eating, you couldn't help but think back to last night's events.

What did she mean by me being still alive...and if it was really cyanide, shouldn't I be...

That thought made you frown. You were not sure if you should feel relieved or tense about the whole thing. At least it's nice of them to not spread the word or people might think that you are a freak.

There's a chance that their assumption is wrong. Maybe it was just anaesthesia but then again according to Rio, it was Okuda who claimed it.

More importantly, whoever did that, may or may not want to kill you. Then again there is a great chance they did, 'cause seriously, who knows someone can be immune to that level of deadly poison.

"How can such dangerous poison just be merely able to make me unconscious", you thought outloud out of utter confusion.

It was now 5:46 and you were already done with everything needed, including putting some books and a blank notebook into the small shoulder bag.

You were pacing back and forth in the living room anxiously

What if he didn't mean it like what I am thinking he did?

What if he just told me that just to get a reaction out of me?

What if-

The sound of the doorbell interrupted your thoughts and you quickly rushed to open the door.

"Good morn-", you stopped mid greeting to what you saw.

Upon opening the door, you were greeted by the refreshing morning chilly air but what made you shiver was the fact that there was no one around.

"What the...hello? Karma?", You looked around but there was no one in sight, even the streets were empty.

If there is no one then, who rang the bell? Is this something of a prank?

As you were about to step out the door to check, all the unexplained matter came to your head since you got here.

Slowly you took your step back and closed the door, leaning your back on it and sighed heavily with a pounding heart.

First the spider which was the devil's fault. You sighed at the thought.

Next that needle which was intentional, in hopes to kill you as per what you know so far.

A well prepared and stocked apartment and its mysterious payments.

The uniform and ID card and everything was sitting right there in the middle of the forest in the middle of the day just for you who didn't even belong in this world.

Those pictures on your wall showcase. You glared at them from where you were standing.

Why the hell were the people blurred, why were you in them all clear alone. Heck! Why Were those pictures even there in the first place?