chapter- 4

(Karma's P.O.V.)

I wonder what they might be talking about. And why is she cooperating so much? I mean she looked so nervous back then, which is understandable as we are all strangers to her after all. But it seems weird how she is willing to just to talk with a BOY who she barely met, almost alone. 

…..ughhh !! Or maybe I'm just thinking too much….

Anyways, it turned out that she was new around here and didn't know the way to her place. Although we escorted her there, it made us all question...if she didn't know her way around, how did she manage to get into the forest so deep, which is an off limits property nonetheless. Even a normal lost person  would ask for directions in a walking street...not a forest. I mean that's a common logic. 

…..still i wonder….what did Nagisa and that girl talk about back there…..

"Fucking hell it hurts!", I grunted in pain. What the hell did she do that for?

"Kar…ma? Oh my god karma i am so sorry! Are you ok?", She asked, apology clear in her tone but I was having none of it 'cause afterall, DAMN it hurt!. 

"What's your problem huh?". She stepped back a bit due to my sudden outburst, "i didn't know it was you and-i am sorry!" She quietly lowered her head. 

 "it's fine i guess", i sighed standing up, "so anyways, what are you doing out here?" . And on Q she flinched. 

Hmm, this is interesting. I crossed my arms in front of me and leaned in a little with a smirk, "and as you are new here and don't know the area that well, you shouldn't roam around this far from your complex eh?". 

"Uh well! You see I was thinking of having a look around and know my surroundings well and um…yeah!", She said with fluster. Either she is. A Bad liar or a really bad explainer because she is totally awkward. 

"Hmm…so correct me if i am wrong but you are lost, aren't you ?"

"Huh? What makes you think that, I perfectly know where i am of course.? Ha ha …yes i am lost" 

I couldn't help but smile.  Man, I can't believe someone could be this awkward. 

….

After a quiet walk to her complex, I was about to walk away as there was nothing else to do but to my relief she stopped me. 

"Hey karma?  I still feel pretty bad about what i did you so..", she started and i looked at her tilting my head, "i um…how about dinner? At my place. As an apology."

Ok well, that wasn't what i expected but this would work too i guess, "well as i was gonna resort to a take out for dinner anyways, might as well take up on that offer".

For some reason her eyes lit up with what seemed like joy and was that blush?

"Great, then come on in!"

….

It wasn't a Japanese dish but it was so damn tasty and not to mention spicy. Putting the spoon down I asked with a raised eyebrow, "the dinner was great and all, but did you know I like spicy food?"

"Wha- how would I know that! And thankyou for the compliment. but no I definitely didn't know that, i mean don't be silly!" 

I was just kidding, but now I think she did know about it…but how? 

"Umm..just curious", she said, grabbing my attention, "why did you ask that, i mean that question didn't make any sense." 

"Duh because I am suspicious of you obviously". I jabbed and her stunned reaction was priceless. "You say that you got in the forest hill accidently but frankly it's close to impossible for someone to trespass without the owner noticing."