011 | Dealing with The Devil - Practice

Author's note:

Guilty Gear. I was held at gunpoint to write Happy Chaos/Daryl enemies to lovers.

---

011.1 | A personal attack

"Long time no see, Third King of Illyria."

Daryl recognized the voice almost instantly. While he couldn't see Happy Chaos, his instinct told him that he was nearby. He slowly followed behind two of his guards in an attempt to avoid the Valentine.

"Don't run away from me! I don't mean any harm, alright?" Chaos laughed, teleporting into the room and blocking the door. "Or maybe I do, I don't know."

"You are the last person I wanted to see today," Daryl sighed, scanning the room for an escape route. The window was a viable option now. If he could get there fast enough, he could skip another run-in with this bastard, and-

"What are you looking at? Oh, that window?" Chaos glanced over to the window and gave a deranged smile before turning away. "You're trying to escape, aren't you?"

"I wouldn't call it an escape."

"Well, whatever you want to call it, you should call it off. You see, I can't let you escape a second time." As he spoke, Chaos walked over to a guard standing nearby and corrupted them. "You're actually the perfect person to use for ransom. Unlike your fellow kings, you're defenseless without your soldiers."

"So what if I am?" Daryl scowled as he backed into the wall. "That doesn't matter. I don't need brute force to disarm you."

Chaos un-holstered the gun on his hip, aiming just above the king and firing. "What a coincidence! Neither do I."

---

011.2|A Tension so thick you can shoot it

"You don't have to do this," Daryl said, deadpan and unamused. "Leave me alone, and I will do whatever you ask." He slinked under Chaos' arm and to the doorway. "Under one condition: If I see you in Illyria again, I will have you killed."

"Is it that serious, King Daryl?" Chaos followed closely behind, placing the barrel of the gun to the nape of his neck. "And what if I breach this order and get away with it?"

"I wouldn't let you. Do we have a deal or not?" Silence. Cold, unwelcoming silence. "Well?"

"Whatever I ask, you say?" Chaos replied coyly, sliding the barrel lower down the King's back, stopping just below his chest. "No limits?"

Daryl slowly turned around, letting the gun rest inches away from his stomach. "Yes. As long as it doesn't kill me." He glanced at the gun, then stared Chaos directly in the eyes with an unwavering gaze sharp enough to pierce stone. "You're testing my patience."

"Oh, I know- why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what? Have I intimidated you?" Daryl walked forwards until he could feel the cool metal of the barrel through his clothes, watching the gun rise and fall with every breath. "Isn't this what you want? What you want is drama. Is threatening royalty not enough for you?"

"Of course it isn't!"

"Then shoot me."

Chaos gently squeezed the trigger but faltered. "What?"

"Go on, shoot me. Surely it isn't that hard for you, right? Unless... you're too attached to me?"

"Not at all. I don't care for you. All you are is meat to me. You may be good at talking your way out of shit, but-"

"But what? If you didn't care for me, then I would have been dead in the White House. You followed me here for a reason. So why do you deny-"

"Shut up." Chaos let out an annoyed sigh and fired to the side, missing Daryl and breaking the glass case beside the exit. "Whatever you're implying, I don't like it."

"Then leave."

Chaos stepped back, withdrawing the gun. "You're playing a very dangerous game, you know that?" He choked out, almost dropping the pistol in a mix of fear and excitement. What the hell was this? Nobody had willingly played into his behavior before, let alone twice. This was perfect. Too perfect. "Do you have any idea of what I'm capable of-"

"I am very well aware of both. Are you going to kill me or not?"