The Flight

TW - Anxiety, Panic attacks, Self harm

Time skip 2 weeks - Cate, Edith and y/n are at the airport waiting to board their flight to New York.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/Ns POV
We were just pulling up into the airport when it all began to feel very real. I was really moving to New York! Walking through the carpark I could hear shouts and screams and the clicking of cameras. Ugh the paparazzi were here. How did they even know we would be here? I hated them so much, they filled me with so much anxiety I was sometimes hard to cope. I was already nervous as we were about to be on a flight, as I hate flighting, and now there was hundreds of people swarming us trying to get photos and asking us questions. Why couldn't they just leave us alone.

Edith began to cry. She was already grumpy from being awake so early as it was only 5:00 in the morning and now there were bright flashes and huge crowds she had clearly had enough and couldn't hold in her emotions. Finally, we got checked in and told are flight had been delayed by an hour. I couldn't believe it. I wish that it hadn't been delayed as now I have more waiting to do which only makes my anxiety worse. We waited in the airport for what seemed like a decade, when in reality it was only a few hours. Eventually we were called to the gate for boarding and we where then escorted to the plane.

When we boarded the plane it was booked for first class. Sometimes being the child of Cate Blanchett does pay off as I'm not crowded by loads of people on the plane. Thank god for that. I began to get more anxious, I could feel my heart beating faster and faster, I began to sweat and feel nauseous and that's when they pilot announced that we were about to take off. SHIT! Before I knew it I started to shake as I felt the panic rising in me. By this time Edith was already fast asleep and I was glad as I hated her seeing me like this. I tried to control my breathing as I didn't want to bother my mother and I manged to stop her from realising that I was having a panic attack until she turned to me and saw that I was shaking violently.

Cates POV

We had boarded the plane after a stressful few hours of paparazzi shots and our flight being delayed, not to mention Edith's strops. I finally got Edith to sleep just as the captain announced take off, when I turned around bucking myself in we began to take off. I settled in my chair reading until I heard a small whimper, then I realised y/n was terrified of flighting. Looking up, I locked eyes with her which she quickly broke. I could see her body violently shaking and her hands trembling whilst gripping at her hair tightly. I have never seen y/n having a panic attack this bad in a long time but she was clearly extremely distressed and I had to stop that.

I moved over to besides her and the captain announced we could unclick are seat belts. I knew touching her could scare her even more so I cooed calmly to y/n.

"y/n honey could you look at me please."

As she looked up I could see the pain in her watering eyes. It broke my heart. Her hair was now a mess, she was bright red and tears cascaded down her puffy eyes. I could see how far she had slipped this time and I needed to pull her back to reality.

"Hey hey hey darling could you try and breath with me?" She simply nodded and followed my breathing pattern. "and in 1 2 3 4 and hold 1 2 3 4 and out 1 2 3 4 and hold 1 2 3 4." We repeated this technique over and over as I held her close to me, grounding her. I brushed my hand through her y/h/c hair as she played with the rings on my fingers and the bobble on her wrist. Eventually, I managed to pull her back into reality and she was exhausted. I held her as she fell asleep in my arms allowing herself to be completely vulnerable once more. As both my girls slept I couldn't help but feel so proud of them both as they have overcome so many different obstacles in their lives. Living without their brothers and dad. Y/n being bullied, the paparazzi, me being away filming a lot and y/n struggling with her anxiety disorder, self harm and eating habits. I'm just so proud of how resilient they are for their age I just can't believe how much life has already thrown at them already, especially y/n.

___________________________________4 hours later__________________________________

***DING DONG***

"The flight will be descending in 2 minutes could all passengers please make their way back to their seats if they are not already and fasten your seatbelts."

As the flight descended y/n woke up. She looked really tired but also happy that she had slept through he majority of the flight and that it was now over. I woke up Edith and we left the plane to be met with the paparazzi and there bright flashing cameras. This was the last thing y/n needed after and attack was to be in a busy environment. Making our way out of the airport I could see Sandy and Sarah waiting for us. I couldn't wait to catch up with them and neither could the girls.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey I'm gonna try and write the next chapter tomorrow and publish it. I know what to write but I need to sleep now as I've not slept properly in 2 days lol but anyway hope you like it so far its quite a short chapter but yeah anyway. If you have any feedback or requests for later in the book I would love to hear from yous. Sorry that this chapter is short I'm really tired and I wanna split up the story into different parts. Thank you for reading (that is if anyone's actually reading it). Luv you peps.

Soph x