The Virus (Part 2)

Cate: "Hey honey, I just wanted to talk to you about how your feeling. I know your anxiety is quite bad normally and you struggle with it a lot but if it gets any worse because of the pandemic I was thinking we could go back to the doctors to sort out going back on medication again. How do you feel about that?" I felt horrible even suggesting it again after the last time she tried medication but I wondered if maybe it would help her again.

Y/n: "erm maybe it might help again but the only problem is it makes me feel sick."

Cate: "Okay honey well it was just a thought. Don't worry too much about it."

With that we went back to the others until y/n fell asleep on the couch.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n POV

Time skips a week after the last conversation.

I woke up once again another monotonous day during COVID. I literally didn't see the point of getting up out of bed. There was literally nothing to do and nowhere to go. I swear I hadn't actually changed my clothes in 2 days let alone brushed my hair. All I did was sit and watch TV and do school work. It was getting boring now and I just wanted to know how long we had to go with lockdown. Every time I flicked the news on there was just a never ending cycle of suffering and negativity to the point, I just stopped watching it.

Eventually, I took myself out of my bed and downstairs, still in my pyjamas and blanket but I managed to get downstairs. It was now 11am, at least 4 hours later than I would usually get up for school but I didn't care and nobody came to wake me up so it didn't really matter. I got to the top of the stairs and just sat there for a while then I walked downstairs into the kitchen for a breakfast bar. The kids were sat at the table in the kitchen doing their work and my mom and Sandy were sat with them helping. I then moved into the living room and sat down on the couch with Holland and Sarah. I yawned greeting them as I sat down. They just laughed at me.

Sarah POV
I saw y/n come downstairs, yet again late morning, in her pyjamas and her blanket, breakfast bar in hand. She looked exhausted again.

Y/n: "Morning." She said whilst yawning

Sarah: "Good to see you...eventually haha"

Holland: "Good morning honey. I'll move along and you can come sit with us." Holland said ushering her to a spot next to us on the couch.

Y/n sat down and rested her head on her neck pulling her blanket over her. It was cute really but also funny. We continued to watch the TV until it was lunch time then we decided to make lunch. We all had (your favourite food) which is y/ns favourite food then y/n went to finish off a story she had to write for her English class. I read it after it was finished and it was actually really good. She has such a talent for writing just like her mom.

Y/n POV
I finished off my story for my English class then Sarah and Holland asked to read it. I was unsure at first but they kept insisting so I just let them. They both said it was really good so I'm happy about that. By the time I had finished my work it was time to prepare dinner for everyone. I really wanted Chicken nuggets and chips so I asked for then and all of the kids got really excited and we got our own way and had them. We flicked over to the new.

Breaking news: "Coronavirus restrictions are easing around the country. You are now permitted to leave the house for work, education and exercise."

Finally, we could have some freedom. We of course still had to wear face coverings but at least we could go out now. This helped to settle me a little but I was still scared of catching the virus.