Chapter 1

Mirage woke up to the sound of yelling next door. Ugh, they're fighting again. Mirage's family lived next door to a troubled SkyWing couple that was always getting fights. How much longer till I get the letter back from Jade Mountain?  Mirage was trying to get into Jade Mountain Academy partially because he wanted to get away from the yelling neighbors. He got up out of bed and looked at his scroll of drawings. He had gone through a phase of constantly drawing, so he was pretty good at it. Suddenly, his pet rat woke up. There used to be a bunch of rats living in the house, and he had kept one. Sadly, if I get to go to school I can't bring it. "Breakfast!" his mother yelled. 

  He walked into the kitchen, and sat down. He found his life in Possibility boring. All his family let him do was chores and that was it. "Oh hey, this is a letter from someone named JMA." His  little sister Gazelle said. "No sweetie, it's from Jade Mountain Academy." His father said. "What does it say?" Mirage asked. I really hope they let us come. But, they won't because we are hybrids. He and Sail had both wanted to go, but it was unlikely they would be accepted. "I'll tell you later...." Dad said, then walking to his room. 

  Mirage went back to his room. It wasn't decorated because all the furniture that his mom and dad approved of was to feminine for him. He cleaned his pet rat's cage. "Squeak!" The rat seemed to try to talk to him. He laughed. Rats can't talk.  When he was done, it was almost lunch time. "Alright, back in the cage you go." He said, putting the rat back in. He sighed. I wish there was more to do than just this. If I get to go to Jade Mountain, there would be so much to do. Wait, was the letter from Jade Mountain Academy? He sat down on the floor, thinking. I wonder if the letter said that we got accepted. If we did, what Winglet would we be in?  I think I heard someone say that there is a new Winglet called the Opal Winglet. Maybe that one if for hybrids and we get to go! 

    "I'm home!" Mirage heard his mother yell. That meant she was home from work and could tell him if he got accepted to Jade Mountain or not. He ran into the living room. "Hi mom! We got a letter from Jade Mountain Academy. Dad has it. Can you tell me if we got accepted?" Mirage said. "Uh, sure sweetie." His mother said. She walked into her room. "I really hope you and Sail get to go." Someone said behind him. He turned around, to see Gazelle again. "Yeah.." He said. 

  His mom walked into the room. "Pack your bags, you get to go!" She said.