Chapter 2

Mirage grabbed a bag and started shoving stuff in. Jade Mountain! Finally, somewhere new. He opened a box that was hidden under his bed. It was full of stuff Sail had snuck him. There were necklaces, earrings, and little random trinkets. He grabbed a second bag and put the contents of the box in. Hm, I wonder... He grabbed his rat cage. It could fit. Carefully, Mirage put the cage in.

"We're leaving soon!" His older sister Sail yelled. What else can I bring? He looked around. All he had left was some scrolls filled with drawings. I guess those can come. He thought, then packing them. "All done." He said to himself, feeling accomplished.

He walked into the living room with his bags. In the room was his aunt Puffin, Gazelle, and his mom and dad. Sail walked in, carrying several bags. "Do you really need all of that?" His dad asked. "Um.. yes." Sail responded. "Bye you two." Aunt Puffin said, hugging them. "Bye bye!" Gazelle said with a smile. "Bye." His father said. "Let's go!" His mom said, leading them outside. 

"So, are you excited?" She asked. "Mhm." He responded. "Yeah I guess.." Sail said. They started flying in the direction of Jade Mountain Academy. 

They only stopped twice, to eat and sleep. Mirage's rat almost revealed itself, but no one heard it. "We're almost there!" His mother said. "Yay?" Sail responded, seeming not sure about her answer. They continued to fly until they made it.