Chapter 5

Suddenly, a NightWing walked into the room. She was short, and her scales were as dark as they could be. She had a purple underbelly. Her wings were a fade of purple and gray. The stars that every NightWing had, she didn't have. But her talons, horns, and neck spike were sharp and well taken care of.

She gave off a "please-don't-look-at-me-but-also-don't-ignore-me" kind of vibe. She quietly walked over to one of the beds, the one labeled for BrightHopes, and sat down. 

As she did this, everyone in the room was looking at her. She didn't seem to like this, so she hid. She looked at one of her scrolls and looked up at the dragons, who were all still looking at her, trying to figure out who was who.

That's me. I guess your description is close enough, but you didn't get the vibe right or the fact that I'm "hiding."

What do you mean?

I want them to look at me. I want them to know I exist and want to be me and be my friend.

So you're BrightHopes?

Yes. My family predicted that that name would fit me, so that is who I am.

Wait... how can you tell what I am thinking? 

BrightHopes glanced around the room. She seemed to be looking at the dragons, trying to tell who she was having a conversation with.

I'm the SandWing.

Bask?

Oh, right. I'm the SandWing-SeaWing.

Oh. Well, I thought you would be the IceWing.

Bright looked a little disappointed. 

You'll have to do for now.

Mirage realized that BrightHopes was a mindreader.