and washed the spider out

The second his phone started buzzing, Hayden was up.

He hadn't slept well. Actually, the brunette hadn't really slept at all.
Sure, a few hours of unconsciousness had been granted to him, but that was it.

Too many thoughts had been swarming around his head, making it almost impossible to get some shut-eye.

This, and the overwhelming urge to check on the sleeping superhero every twenty minutes.

Hayden sighed. What a mess.

After a few more minutes of moping the caregiver was out of bed, shuffling quietly to the bathroom.

As he was brushing his teeth, he decided to wake up his guest to make sure he wouldn't oversleep should he have to work. Or something. If he was even still there.

He was, peacefully snoring on his couch.

"Spidey? You up?", Hayden asked quietly, making his way over to his guest. Said guest stirred, burying his face in the crook of his elbow.
The brunette snorted.
"Just wanted to make sure you won't oversleep for work or something."

Spider-Man hummed, head turning to face Hayden.
"What time is it?", he muttered.

If the brown eyed man wasn't a grandmaster at controlling every single emotion to ever be felt by man, his stomach would've done a little somersault.

He had a thing for morning voices, okay?

"Uh, like 5:50. How are you feeling?"

The hero sighed.

"My neck and head hurt a bit, but otherwise I'm fine. I should probably get up too."

Hayden resisted the urge to help him up, instead making his way to the kitchen.

"D'you want breakfast? I doubt you want the takeout from yesterday?", he asked loudly.

"Hm?", only now the hero seemed to notice the items left for him on the coffee table. "Oh, yeah, sure. Only if it's no trouble tho."

"Nope, not at all. Omelette?"

Someone hummed, very, very close to him.
Hayden jumped, having not heard Spider-Man come up to him.
"Christ Almighty dude! You scared the shit out of me!"

The hero laughed brightly, clapping the brunette on the shoulder.
"Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to! Yeah, Omelette sounds great!"

_______________________________________

If Peter didn't know any better (which, surprise, he didn't), he'd say he had a crush.

A big one at that.

But really, who could fault him him for that?

Hayden had welcomed him... onto his balcony immediately, had made him coffee, let him sleep on his couch and now he was making him breakfast.

Also, he'd called him Miss Fluffykins the first time he met.

If that didn't make everyone swoon, Peter didn't know anymore.

The fact that the guy had really pretty eyes, gorgeous hair and huge arms was just the cherry on top.

"You want hot sauce?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Sure." Peter snapped out of it, taking the hot sauce bottle from Hayden.

After only taking a bite, Peter hummed contently.

"It's really good, what'd you put in there?", he asked, savoring the taste.
The brunette smiled.

"Thanks, it's my mums recipe. The trick is to beat the eggs with a bit of milk. Normally we'd put it in the oven and gratinate I with our homemade cheese too, but that takes a little too much time for me."