healed the little spiders soul

"Hayden, I really gotta go!", the hero laughed, trying to wiggle out of said man's grasp.

It was obvious that, given the fact that his other had the proportional strength of a spider, he could've easily gotten free, if he really wanted to.

Hayden tightened his grip on Spider-Man, burying his face in the crook of his neck and pressing small kisses there.

"Jus' one more minute...", he murmured and grabbed the heroes right hand with his left, intertwining their fingers.

Eventually Peter stopped struggling, accepting that he'd probably be a few minutes late.

Well actually, Otto hadn't really set an exact time for him to be there, so 'being late' was more or less relative here, wasn't it?

"Fine. But you're taking full responsibility if my boss gets mad at me."

Hayden laughed, turning him around in his arms so they were looking at each other. He wrapped them around the vigilantes waist, connecting them again behind him with his thumb lazily stroking the small of his back.

Okay, Peter begrudgingly admitted, maybe this wasn't too bad.

However, he still had to get going.

He sighed and pulled his mask halfway up, leaning forward until he was only a few centimeters from the brunettes face.

Instanly, Haydens breath hitched.

"I really, really have to hurry up.", the hero whispered into his ear, inching closer. "Otherwise I'll get in trouble."

The caretaker nodded hastily, a blush spreading across the bridge of his nose and the tips of his ears.

Peter grinned.

"Great! Won't be long, promise!"

He closed the distance between them, kissing him lovingly on the lips. With a fluid moment he dislodged himself from the other mans grip, ducking underneath his arms and jumped on the balconies' railing.

There was, however, something keeping him from taking off just now. Mainly, Haydens gigantic puppy dog eyes.

The hero rolled his own, shooting out a web to grab onto his shirt. It only took a single pull to have him staggering towards him, now standing directly in front of the railing the hero was perched on.

"Oh for fucks- c'mere you giant dork. And stop looking at me like that!", he commanded, locking hands behind Haydens neck. The caretaker bit his lip, smiling mischievously.

Oh, he knew exactly what he was doing with those eyes!

"Gimme your phone!", he ordered. Immediately the other man fumbled in his pocket to fish it out, unlock it and hand it over. The hero punched something in, handing it back a few seconds later.

One more thing to cross off his list.

Peter kissed him again, this time a little longer to hopefully be spared from the others puppy dog eyes in the near future.

"That's my burner phone number so you can reach me, okay? Because as much as I'd love to stay here, I also really need to go to work now, okay?"

Hayden nodded, smiling brightly.
A fair bargain for the heroes freedom.

And, sure enough, he was free to leave the minute after, swinging through the city like it was his second nature.

_______________________________________

"Glad you finally made it Peter!", Otto mused, not bothering to turn around and look at him, too focused on the project in front of him.

As he was looking around the younger man immediately noticed the large quantities of new research equipment, either still in their boxes or strewn about the various tables.