and dried up all the rain

The clock showed eight minutes after ten, and Farha was in no shape or form fit to go back to her appartement alone.

Neither of the two wanted to belch out a few dollars to get a cab.

"Don't be silly,", the hijabi had slurred as the brunette helped her put on her shoes. "That's soo much money, I could go to Disney Land with that instead!"

Driving with his own car was also pretty out of the question for Hayden, mainly for the reason that his friends' home was only a few hundred meters away.

He'd said that she wasn't fit to go alone, but that didn't mean that he couldn't accompany her.

Now here they were, walking side by side.

The normaly bustling night life of the city seemed dimmed by fear of the masked lunatics, showcased by the fact that there were only a handful of people out.

Purses were clutched, keys held tightly between each finger, children nowhere in sight.

Everything seemed calm for now though, and the caretaker was very grateful for that.

Farha had already taken out her keys, giggling and coeing at a new adornment Hayden hadn't seen before.

"Don't forget to set an alarm and do your skincare routine.", he told his friend as she was unlocking her appartement door. "I don't want you yelling at me tomorrow."

She made a noncommittal sound, waving him off.

"I'd never."

They parted not a minute later.

_______________________________________

Haydens self preservation instincts had gone out of the window the second he'd heard the screaming.

The sounds of screeching tires, flying debris and police sirens didn't make this any better.

He almost wished he hadn't rounded the last corner.

Spider-Man was holding the last line standing between a gas tanker and the train tracks below.

The vehicle was dangerously close to tipping, aching under the strain of the heroes pull and it's own weight.

Now, this alone wasn't that much of a problem.

The truck closing in on Spider-Man at high speed, however, was.

Hayden couldn't even scream out when another car appeared out of seemingly nowhere, crashing into the truck not even a second before it could reach the vigilante.

The crash was deafening.

Both vehicles had tipped over almost immediately, the force with which they tumbled around making it almost seem as if they were toys.

While the truck had come to rest on the side, the police car had flipped entirely.

Spider-Man, who had managed to get the gas tanker safely back on the road, made his way over immediately.

He reached inside the later, pulling out an injured (but alive!) Officer.

The bystanders were closing in on the scene, offering helping hands wherever they could.

Another police car had arrived, accompanied by an ambulance.

Professionals were bustling around the scene, mostly rallying about the masked perpetrator, who had been pulled out of the truck, and the injured Officer, now safely strapped onto a stretcher.

Spider-Man was perched on the ambulance vehicle.

He seemed to be talking to a pretty redheaded woman, simultaneously having an eye on the injured man inside.