and the itsy-bitsy spider

"And you said this is home-made?", Peter asked, shoveling another spoonful of omelette into his mouth.

The taste was positively divine and he wanted to revel in it forever.

Brown eyes crinkled as Hayden smiled brightly at him.
"Yup! Back home my parents have a reindeer farm so basically everything we make is home-made: cheese, milk, yogurt, meat, all that kinda stuff. All halal, too."

"Lot's of dairy?", the hero asked teasingly.

Chewing, the brunette nodded.
"Strong bones are mandatory for the Forsbergs'.", he chuckled. "No, seriously, my mom could benchpress you! And don't even get me started on our furs-"

"I'm not!"

"They are literally the softest thing ever! Wait, hold on a second, I'll be right back!" Hayden motioned for Spider-Man to wait, hands raised in front of his face.

The hero cocked his head, a smile stretching over the visible half of his face.

_______________________________________

Peter was on cloud nine.

Head over spandex.

Certified cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Hayden re-emerged from down the hall, a piece of fur looking a lot like a hat securely in his hands.

"Here! Feel!", he said excitedly, giving it to the hero. As he took it, their fingers brushed against each other.

The contact lingered for a few more moments before Peter had enough mental capacity to grasp it entirely, his fingers carefully stroking over the soft fur.

"Wow... it really is soft."

A smug smile formed on the brunettes lips.

"Told ya'. I also have a blanket, you can have it for tonight. Unless you have allergies?", the caretaker started rambling.

Spider-Man swiftly shook his head, clutching the hat tighter.
"Nope, no allergies. And you can pry that out of my cold dead hands if you want it!", he asserted confidently, suddenly very protective of the piece of fur.

Now Hayden was full out laughing. No other attempt to get the hat back was made.

"See? You're relaxing just fine. Let me go look if I have a spare toothbrush, and you put the dishes in the sink, okay?"

The vigilante smiled.

"Okay."

_______________________________________

"Can you pass me the mouthwash?"

The brunette was halfway dozed off when the heroes voice jerked him awake again.

He was lounging on the bathroom wall, clad in a cheesy 'eat, sleep, lift' shirt, a grey pair of sweatpants and his halfway rolled up mask.

Little tufts of brown hair were sticking out from under it and his lenses were halfway closed.

Hayden felt as tired as he looked.

"Here you go.", he murmured as he handed the hero the bottle containing the bright blue fluid.

Peter took a sip, leisurely swirling it around in his mouth.
It could've been a little more refreshing.

A yawn escaped him, which of course caused the caretaker to yawn aswell.

"Do you need to get up early tomorrow?", the later asked. Spider-Man shook his head, carefully detaching himself from the wall.

"Mm mh,", he murmured. "Not unless my boss or Yuri calls me in."