I Love You (nagimitsu)

Whenever Mitsuki is upset, Nagi holds him until he feels better.

Mitsuki was an emotional wreck. Although, he'd sworn that he didn't cry easily. But, he was simply too flustered to admit it. In fact, he got angry just as easily as he cried. A rollercoaster of emotions often overwhelmed him.

Like today, as he scrolled through his hashtag on the social media, Rabbitter. He'd told himself that he'd stop doing that. Although seeing fanarts and reading compliments gave him temporary happiness, the negativity that came with it did the exact opposite.

In his dark bedroom, dimmed only by a lamp, Mitsuki was huddled in the corner of his bed. He hugged his knees, a desperate attempt to comfort himself. There was a specific comment directed towards him that he couldn't stop thinking about. One that sent him in a spiral of depression.

Without the older Izumi, it'd be way better. Besides, Idolish6 has a much better ring to it!

And although the comment was brief and insensitive, it hurt. It made Mitsuki's stomach sink. And before he knew it, tears were falling onto his phone. His vision blurred. He wiped them but they came back just as quickly as they'd gone. His lower lip quivered as he silently cried into his pillow.

There were two knocks on the door before it creaked open. A tall figure stood in the doorway, "Mitsuki?"

Mitsuki quickly wiped his tears with his hand, "What is it, Nagi?"

Nagi stood quietly, he narrowed his eyebrows in concern.

He was silent for a while before speaking up, "Mitsuki? Why are you crying?"

"Crying? I- I'm not crying!"

Nagi entered, shutting the door behind him. He frowns, taking a seat on Mitsuki's bed. He faces him, overwhelmingly close.

"But, you look like you were," he points out, as if it isn't painstakingly obvious. "Did someone hurt you?"

Mitsuki throws a pillow at him. "Nobody did!"

"Mitsuki..."

There's silence in the room for a long while. The humming of the air conditioning is all that can be heard. Mitsuki can't bear the silence. Nagi looks at him with a specific desperation in his eyes, a pitiful stare.

"I..." Mitsuki speaks up, moving in closer. "I wasn't crying. But, I am a little upset, I guess."

Nagi listens intently, focused on Mitsuki's words.

His eyes are red and blotchy from the tears and constant rubbing. Mitsuki clears his throat before continuing.

"There were just a few comments about me online," his voice quavered. "It's... It's really nothing, Nagi. It's nothing for you to worry about, alright? I'm fine. I'm really fine."

But, it doesn't help that he begins to hyperventilate, a result of trying to prevent his tears from falling. He lets it out, he whimpers and cries. He can't think straight anymore. Once he truly starts to cry, he can't put a stop to it.

Nagi looks sullen. He leans toward him, opening his arms up. Mitsuki shakes his head, avoiding the hug, although it was inevitable.

"Mitsuki..." Nagi's voice is whispery, and he doesn't quite know what to say. But, he knows what to do. "Please, let me do this."

Mitsuki doesn't resist the hug any longer. Before he realizes it, Nagi has him held in his arms. Mitsuki's head is pressed against his chest, warm in Nagi's embrace. Mitsuki tries to stifle his cries but they only come out harder, and with each cry, the pain slowly goes away.

Nagi holds him close, brushing his fingers through Mitsuki's hair. His other hand was warmly placed on Mitsuki's back, rubbing in soft circles.

"It's okay," Nagi whispers to him.

Tears continue welling in Mitsuki's eyes. He questions, "Nagi. Why do they hate me?"

Nagi is taken aback by the question. He doesn't give a response, unable to.

Mitsuki speaks up again, "Do you hate me?"

Nagi goes stiff, looking at Mitsuki.

"No." An immediate response. He reassures, "I could never hate you! I like everything about you."

Mitsuki laughs, a refreshing sound to hear after all the crying.

"Thank you. I appreciate that," Mitsuki says, looking up at Nagi with wide eyes. Though he still seems rather unhappy.

Nagi leans forward, wiping Mitsuki's tears with his hand. "Don't cry anymore, okay?"

Mitsuki hugs him tightly. Nagi hugs him back, appreciative.

"I love you, Mitsuki," Nagi says suddenly.

Mitsuki is baffled by the unexpected sentence. He pulls away from the hug before breaking out in a fit of laughter. He playfully punches Nagi on the shoulder.

"Don't joke like that!"

Nagi smiles sadly. He reels Mitsuki in once more, an even tighter hug. An embrace so forceful that Mitsuki can hardly breathe.

"N-Nagi, what's gotten into you?"

Nagi doesn't respond, instead he holds Mitsuki as if the world were dependent on it. As if he were the most fragile thing in the world. In Nagi's eyes, Mitsuki was nothing but delicate. Nagi found himself infatuated with him but it seemed Mitsuki wasn't ready to hear that yet, or even believe it. Nagi didn't mind, he'd wait as long as he needed.

Still in his arms, Mitsuki falls asleep. His cheeks pink from crying. Nagi twirls Mitsuki's hair around his fingers, humming a tune.

Nagi strokes his face with a gentle hand, smiling with satisfaction. In love.

He whispers, "I really do love you, Mitsuki."

Mitsuki doesn't hear it.

But, Nagi doesn't mind loving him in secret, even if it's all he'll ever do.

---

a/n:

yes this is the nagimitsu angst i was talking about... i really love them together, they r so precious sighhhhh nagimitsu <33333