Secret Night (gakuryuu)

Gaku and Ryuu start a secret relationship.

Ryuu couldn't get used to it. The idea— no, the fact that Gaku was all his. Every part of him.

It started with subtle kisses, soft pecks on the cheek that Ryuu brushed off as friendly. But, when Ryuu didn't get the hint, Gaku would pull him into a strong embrace, with a firm grip. His hand grazed parts of Ryuu that not even women had the gall to touch. When Ryuu continued to somehow brush it off as over-friendliness, Gaku decided to seal his fate with a kiss, not on the cheek, but on Ryuu's lips. Taking Ryuu by surprise despite all the flirting beforehand.

Ryuu stumbled backward, covering his mouth with his hand. Pink in the face and eyes blurry with a light-headed daze. He whispers in surprise, "Gaku, what was that for?"

Gaku narrowed his eyes, licking his lips, wet from the kiss, "What do you think?"

Ryuu shakes his head in disbelief, "I don't know what to think."

"Why not? You liked it, didn't you?"

"I guess I did," Ryuu admits shyly, embarrassed. "But, we can't. We shouldn't. It's not just us. I mean, what about Tenn?"

"What about Tenn? He doesn't have to know," Gaku replies, his eyes stuck on Ryuu's.

Ryuu doesn't respond. He isn't given the chance to, not when Gaku reeled him in once more with a tighter embrace, fingers softly combing through Ryuu's hair. Ryuu gave in this time, closing his eyes and meeting Gaku with the same passion.

That's how it started.

Soon after, they'd delved in a little deeper. After each show, the two would mysteriously wander off, leaving Tenn's side. They'd meet in an empty room, sometimes a dressing room, other times a storage room, and very rarely, a bathroom.

They'd kiss there, too, as if their lives were dependent on it, as if it were the last time. Hair-pulling and tight squeezes, quiet sighs and gentle touches. Even if they were all worn and sweaty from after a concert, they'd go ahead anyway, without a care in the world. Gaku claimed it made everything better; his pent-up desire, the costume, the messiness of it all.

"Gaku," Ryuu said, one evening in an empty dressing room. "We should head back. You know, before Tenn notices."

Gaku rolled his eyes, moving his hand dismissively, "Who cares if he notices? He shouldn't be in our business anyway."

"care. About us, about Trigger," the dim lights made Ryuu's summer tan glow. "We can't afford to get caught."

Gaku sighs, placing an understanding hand on Ryuu's cheek, "You're right. We- I shouldn't be so careless. I'm sorry."

So, since that night, the two were a little more careful, a little more discreet. They stopped any and all romantic gestures from taking place before or after their shows. But, if they had even the slightest chance, they were all over each other.

Like right now, during private practice in the empty dance studio.

"It's been way too long since I've held you like this," Gaku says, voice deep and hard to resist.

"You held me yesterday."

"Still way too long," Gaku insists, looking up at Ryuu who was looking right back with a softness in his eyes.

"Ryuu," Gaku starts, out of the blue. "You mean more to me than anything else, I care about you more than myself, more than Trigger."

"Gaku," Ryuu whispers, endearingly. He isn't sure what to say, or how to say it. All he knew is that leaving Gaku's side was impossible.