ten

‧₊˚ 𝙱𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂𝚆𝙴𝙴𝚃 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙶𝙴𝙳𝚈. ‧₊˚.
━━━━ 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇 !

AS TIME PASSES BY, the day eventually turned into night. They were all having so much fun singing their hearts out and dancing along to the beat of whatever music they played. At that point in her life, Adelaide seemed to have forgotten all the pain and heartache she went through as she spent time with her friends. She just had to ignore the fact that her ex-boyfriend was also in the room with her.

She tried her best to overlook his presence and focus on having a good time, but there were a few instances where they would lock eyes with each other. It made her feel awkward and nervous and whatnot.

It had been almost two months since they broke up and although she convinced herself that she already moved on from him, it was more or less a lie.

As Chase and Rudy began singing their last song for the night, howls and hollers pervaded the room, snapping Adelaide out of her reverie. It was almost 6 PM which meant they had been there for roughly three hours. When their song ended, the two boys bowed.

"Thank you, thank you!" Rudy waved.

Chase curtsied until Rudy pushed him back to the couch. Adelaide kept on giggling that her cheeks were already flushed from too much laughter, but she felt good. It had been a long time since she felt genuinely happy.

A few minutes later, their time ended, and the group gathered outside the building, conversing about their whereabouts and plans for the next day while Madison paid for their expenses. As soon as Madison walked out, they all bid each other goodbye and was about to get in their own cars when Madelyn approached Adelaide.

"Hey, didn't you ride an uber here?" Madelyn asked, brows raised.

Adelaide instinctively looks at Drew and met his eyes before returning her gaze to Madelyn. "Yeah, but don't worry, I'll be fine." She reassures. The actress narrows her eyes at her before sighing heavily.

Adelaide only laughs at her best friend before engulfing her in a hug. "Don't worry, I'll be so safe." She jokes. Rudy snorted at that.

"What if something happens to you?" Madison pouts. Adelaide was about to respond when Drew beat her to it.

"I'll drive her home."

Adelaide turns to look at him, wide-eyed, but he was already walking away. She diverts her focus to the two girls in front of her who were clearly suppressing their squeals.

"Shut up." She muttered, before bidding them goodbye. The nervousness she felt beforehand suddenly came rushing back as she trailed behind Drew. Why the hell would he say that?

"Don't worry, Addie," Jonathan wraps his arm around her. "I'm staying at Drew's apartment for the time being so you won't be alone in the car if that's what you're worried about." He teases.

"I'm not worried about anything." She lies through gritted teeth.

As they got to Drew's parked vehicle, Adelaide was about to open the back door when Jonathan spoke up.

"Actually, is it okay if I'll sit in the back? I'm gonna take a quick snooze."

Adelaide badly wanted to slap the vague smirk on his face before hesitantly nodding. She ploddingly walked to the passenger seat on the other side of the car and sat down, warily.

Halfway through the car ride, Drew was silent. It was getting kind of awkward for Adelaide and when she turned around to converse with Jonathan, he was snoring like a pig.

"You rode an uber?"

Adelaide's eyes widens when she heard Drew.

"Uhm," She clears her throat. "Yes."

"Didn't I tell you to not ride an uber?" His jaw clenched.

Adelaide made a face at that. "I think you might have forgotten the part where we're already broken up." Her reply silenced Drew.

She inwardly cursed herself for perhaps being too harsh before reaching out for the radio. She didn't bother to ask permission and avoided his gaze after turning it on. Empty Space by James Arthur played softly in the background.

"What a fucking coincidence." Adelaide muttered under her breath.

"Hm?" Drew hums.

He broke your heart, Addie. Just because he looks good driving doesn't mean you're still attracted to him! Adelaide frowns at the voice in her head before focusing her attention to the moving cars by the window. The fact that the song on the radio was a break up song didn't help her concentrate at all. Adelaide frowns bitterly as she listens to the lyrics.

𝖨'𝗆 𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽
𝖫𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖽
𝖡𝗎𝗍 𝖨 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗍
'𝖢𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖿𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗉𝖺𝖼𝖾

Adelaide froze in her seat when Drew began lowly singing along to that verse. She bit her lower lip as she tried to ignore the ache in her chest. It was like he was talking to her through the lyrics of the song.

As if on cue, Drew pulled up in front of her condominium. Adelaide quickly stepped out of the vehicle and shielded her face from him as she could practically feel the tears streaming down. She felt angry and annoyed at herself for feeling this way yet again; feeling so weak and vulnerable in front of him. She didn't understand why she was still affected by his presence after all this time. She was about to walk up the stairs but halted in her tracks when she heard him say something to her.

"I'm sorry, Addie."

𓏲 ࣪₊♡𓂃

hiii don't forget to vote and/or comment !!! ily