eighteen

"SHE WHAT?!"

Adelaide wanted so badly to laugh at the way her sister's face distorted with disbelief at what she just said.

"Yup. Amaya apologized." Adelaide replies. "She said and I quote: I'm genuinely sorry for what I did. I just hope we can put the past behind us and move on, starting with you staying away from Drew."

"What the fuck?" Analiese scoffs.

"Yeah, I was really hoping for a genuine apology but... I guess not." Adelaide sighs.

"Wasn't their relationship for publicity stunt?" Analiese asked. "So, why the fuck is she acting like she's his legal wife or something? Stupid motherfucker." To say that Ana was irritated by her sister's ex-bestfriend was an understatement because she was extremely infuriated.

"Ana, don't say that." Adelaide shook her head in amusement at her sister's choice of words.

"Dude-" Madison made a face as she turns the steering wheel just a little to the left. "It's not even your fault that Drew prefers your company over hers."

"Preach!" Analiese exclaims, leaning forward between the driver's and passenger's seat.

The high-pitched voice Analiese was notoriously known for was deafening that Adelaide had to lean away from her.

See, this was exactly what she meant when she said Ana's loud ass mouth would've gotten them noise complaint the moment she'd step into Madelyn's apartment.

But, Adelaide was grateful for Ana's talkativeness because then she wouldn't have the silence to entertain the incessant thoughts in her head.

Today was September 19 which meant Analiese had just arrived from New York. Adelaide and Madison were responsible for fetching her from the airport since Madelyn had overslept and Rudy chickened out to the last minute - Mariah had flown black to South Carolina to visit her family hence why Adelaide and Madison were together.

It had also been three days after Drew confessed, yet everything still felt utterly surreal. The signs were all there, but it still felt unbelievable.

And she was confused.

Adelaide had all these questions running in her mind after Drew's explanation. Questions like... Why would her best friend betray her? Why did Drew not trust her enough to tell her?

It was so confusing for Adelaide because she hadn't done a single thing to make Amaya mad at her. But she didn't bother to seek out the answers to those question nor will she ever have the courage to do so.

"We were just platonically getting coffee." Adelaide rolled her eyes, emphasizing the word 'platonically'. "Can't exes be friends?"

Analiese snorts at her question like she was mental or something. "You and I both know you and Drew aren't just friends."

"We are!"

"You can never be 'just friends' with someone you fell in love with, Addie." She shakes her head. "Plus, the article says otherwise."

"Oh my gosh, don't remind me about that." Adelaide rubbed my temples in distress. "They're making such a big deal out of that picture." She huffed. "It was literally nothing!"

"You're pretty damn stricken about that article, Adelaide." Madison comments, amusement laced in her tone. "You worried we might find out about your tryst?"

"What? No!" She exclaims. "Don't be ridiculous."

"So? What's up with you and Drew then?" The curly-haired actress wiggles her brows in a jokingly manner.