Chapter 2

"Naya, this is Yuzuha. I think you're already familiar with her name. She's Hakkai's sister."

Takashi introduced me to his friend. She's really pretty, I would never deny that. On the top of that, she looks cool.

"Thanks for saving me there. Man, you're so cool!" I showed her the most genuine smile I could give.

She just replied with a nod and proceeded to talk to her brother and Takashi.

Mikey offered to take me back to my house. I sighed in defeat.

He noticed my expression so I just smiled at him. I held his waist when he started to turn on his bike.

I leaned my forehead on his back while randomly ranting for whatever I thought of.

Good thing he didn't further question the things I did when he's driving.

"Thanks for sending me home. See ya, Mikey!" I bid farewell to my friend who looks totally bored.

"You too. Keep safe." He gave me a small smile.

As soon as I opened the door, my expression fell. I've been faking it the whole time. After I met the girl whom Takashi liked.

My self-esteem was nowhere to be found. I'm out of their league.

So I trained. I trained so hard with Mikey to the point that I didn't care already about the bruises I get every day.

"Punch harder than than, Naya!" Mikey encouraged me.

I gave my best and put all of my strength in one punch. Although I didn't managed to land a hit on my friend, the impact was visible. I punched the punching bag harder than I used to.

That's an improvement!

He gave me a thumbs up as a sign if approval.

"Nice."

We continued training until the dawn.

I decided to stay at his house for a while. Emma offered to let me join their dinner, but I politely declined it. I'm too shy to join them.

I was left at Mikey's room, still punching and kicking his punching bag.

When I got tired, I drank the water Emma gave me. I felt dehydrated as heck.

I wiped my sweat and changed into my new clothes. But I locked the door first so no one would barge in.

"Dang. My arms and legs hurt." I finally realized that my muscles were in pain due to training nonstop.

I did some cool downs before deciding to open the door. Mikey was already outside, waiting for me.

"Come on. I'll send you back to your house."

"Aww! You're the bestest of the best! Thank ya, Mikey!" I hugged my friend. He helped me so much!

It was only for a second, though. When I noticed that he wasn't alone. I saw his other friends behind him. Draken, Baji, Mitsuya, and Takemichi. My face turned red when I realized that they've probably seen and heard whatever I did and said.

I mentally slapped my face.

"Uh... hello." I greeted his friends despite the embarrassment I'm feeling. They all returned it with a nod, smile, or 'yo'.

"Gosh, Mikey. You didn't tell me they were going to be here! Stay with them. I can go home myself... I believe my bicycle is here?" I asked.

He nodded and guided me where my bike is placed.

"Yay! Thanks. I'll get going now. Take care!" I waved them goodbyes.

I paddled all the way to my house. My muscles going numb already due to the pain.