Chapter 4

"You!" He angrily yelled.

I gave him the nastiest smirk I've never made in my entire life.

"Oops. My bad, Kishitmasa." Then I kicked him again on his ugly face.

My friends were surprised at my attack. They never saw it coming. That's because they weren't aware about my secret trainings.

I punched the guy until he passes out. Then, I kicked the nearest guy on his balls, making him scream in pain.

Although I could piss my pants right now, I never showed them any sign of cowardice.

Takemichi stood by my side, as well has his friends who arrived just on time. We "beat" them up. Well, not really. Hina's boyfriend and his friends don't look well.

I helped them get back on their feet. We heard the siren of the ambulance getting near.

It seems like Hina and Emma successfully called the ambulance for Draken.

The shitty guy with his lackeys ran away. So I let my guard down.

Which I shouldn't have done.

Because the moment I gave my attention only to my friends, I felt a pain on my stomach.

I froze. They did too.

Their eyes widened with fear and shock. I touched my back and felt a liquid dripping down. A knife was stabbed on my lower back, hitting the organs on my stomach.

We didn't catch the culprit as they already ran away.

My body felt numb and weak. So I sat down and leaned on a wall.

"Naya? Naya?! Stay with us. Don't you dare close your eyes!" Emma and Takemichi were trying their best to keep both Draken and I awake.

I heard a soft sobs from Hina. Then, the world turned black.

Author's POV

Naya and Draken were rushed to the emergency room when they became unresponsive.

Mikey and the gang, who just arrived, were shocked to hear about Naya being stabbed too.

Fortunately, their dear friend Draken survived and is conscious already. The gang sighed in relief.

However, Mikey and Takashi couldn't sit still knowing that Naya's conduction kept getting worse.

The doctor in charge for Naya finally got out of the emergency room.

"Patient's relative?" When no one answered, Mitsuya acted as her relative.

"How is she?" He asked.

The doctor let out a sigh.

"We did our very best to save her—" Mitsuya cut the doctor off.

He looked mad and frustrated at the same time. Meanwhile, Mikey looked like he lost all his emotions.

"What do you mean?! She survived, right?!" He angrily asked. The poor doctor shook his head in fear.

The ones who heard the news— Hina, Takemichi, Mikey, Mitsuya, and Emma —felt their heart drop.

Hina and Emma cried together. Takemichi blamed himself for not seeing this outcome even with his time leaping ability. Mikey was speechless.

Mitsuya... he's regretting. For ignoring Naya's existence, he regretted it. He knew about her feelings for him, but he chose to ignore and focus on Yuzuha... the girl who never liked him.

He only realized Naya's worth when she died.

In that day, Toman wasn't the same as before.