Chapter 3

"Hina, Emma! Hello."

My friends were with their partners. They wanted to attend the festival, so they invited me.

But I feel so out-of-place. I'm like fifth wheeling because this looks like a double date ft. Naya!

The awkwardness really grew on me, so I distanced myself and went somewhere else.

This time, I feel really proud of myself. I think I could already fight some guys who would hurt me.

While enjoying the alone time of my life, not that it's doesn't happen to me always, I heard a faint noise from somewhere.

My curiosity and habit of eavesdropping really took control of myself. I went near the sound I heard.

"Kiyomasa, stab Draken. I'm going to beat the shit out of Mikey." an unfamiliar men welcomed my vision as I went closer and closer.

I hid behind a tree.

"Nice. I'm going to make sure those shitheads will pay back for what they did to me."

Now this is alarming. I ran away as quiet and as fast as I could.

Hopefully, those jerks didn't hear or even notice my presence.

As I ran my way back to the couples, I only saw Hina waiting under a tree.

"Oh! There you are. Where's Takemichi?" I asked my pretty friend.

She shrugged and gave me a confused look.

"He suddenly ran off to somewhere..."

Oh shoot.

He left his girlfriend here?! What if those guys will pick on her?

"Hina, come with me. It's not safe to be alone here. I heard some bad guys planning to harm our friends!" Her eyes widened.

"What?!"

"Yes. Now, let's go and find your boyfriend!"

We ran to Takemichi's direction. There, we saw a pretty beaten up boy whose body is tied up.

Hina ran and helped him. I gave them a moment for themselves.

Then, he left us again! That jerk.

I held Hina's wrist and dragged her along with me.

We followed him until we saw Mitsuya and him talking. It seems like they noticed our presence.

"Naya, Hina. It's dangerous here." Mitsuya told us girls.

I nodded, "I know. I heard a bunch of men planning to stab Draken."

"You heard them?! That's Kiyomasa!"

"The same guy who beat you up?! I'm going to beat the crap out of him." I angrily said.

But in the end, I'm left with my friend Hina. Although I badly want to watch their fights, I don't want to get my friend inti trouble. I will protect her.

We walked back to the festival area, feeling alarmed.

Since we cannot interrupt their gang matters, I didn't want to risk Hina getting hurt.

Half an hour passed, Takemichi's friends called Hina and they were together with Emma. I took Emma with me as we rushed to Draken's help.

There, we saw a wounded Draken and Takemichi being surrounded with those men I saw earlier.

I separated myself from the girls. As quiet as I can, I sneaked on their backs to try and catch them off-guard.

When Ki"shit"masa took out his knife, that's where I barged in.

I kicked his nape with all my strength. He let go of the knife he was holding.

"You!" He angrily yelled.

I gave him the nastiest smirk I've never made in my entire life.