Epilogue

Two months later

*********

The last summer days always come with some kind of melancholy.
The days get shorter, and the sun sets earlier, longing to meet the moon. Even if it's just for a few seconds.
Bucky fixes his tie, looking at his image in the mirror.
He's wearing a deep blue tuxedo, with a white cloth folded into the pocket on his chest.
He's trying to fix his hair in a bun, but a few locks keep getting off.

The clicking of glasses anticipates Steve's voice, "How are you feeling?" he asks, sipping his scotch.
Bucky sighs and chugs his drink, "I'm hoping she won't let me on the altar. I mean, that would be understandable, but," he scoffs, shrugging, and Steve gives him a pat on the shoulder.
"Helen loves you. She would never." Steve states, filling Bucky's glass again.
"Yeah, I know," he sighs, this time sipping his drink, "I'm just anxious."
"I can tell," Steve smirks, noticing his sweaty forehead and handing him his jacket.

"Thank you for being here, man" Bucky smiles, and Steve gives him a hug.
"I'm glad to be here. I really thought I was never going to see you again." Steve shrugs, remembering how devasted he was at Bucky's funeral and how mad he got when he got a call from a private number, telling him his friend was alive.
"You won't get rid of me so easily, punk," Bucky smirks, and they burst to laugh.
"I think we should go. Did you get the rings?" Steve asks, and Bucky pats his pocket, nodding.
They move out of the room, but Bucky stops midway and slaps his forehead.
"I forgot my vowes. I'll be right back." He huffs, running back into the guest room.

************

On the other side of the house, the mood is pretty much as high as in the guest room.
In the master bedroom, the bride and her maid are getting ready too.
Helen glances in the mirror in front of her, meeting Nat's eyes.
She walks over to her, smiling ad putting her hands on her hips, giggling.
"Are you excited?" She chirps, scanning her face.
"God, I feel like I'm about to throw up," Helen confesses, chuckling, and Nat rolls her eyes, shaking her head.
"You look amazing, Helen." She roams around her, taking her hands and taking her to the other side of the room.
Helen sits at the vanity table, letting Nat do her makeup.
"Thank you," Helen croons, looking up at Nat while she looks for her makeup in her bag.
"I'm just stating the obvious." She jokes, starting to blend a peach eyeshadow on her eyes.

"No, I'm talking about all the things you did. You've been such a good friend, and I'm sorry for keeping the truth from you." Helen says, and Nat stops to look at her.
"I know, but you did what you thought was right. I respect that Bucky decided to let everyone believe he's dead, and I get why he did so." Nat sighs, "There was a time where if I had such a chance, I'd have taken it without thinking twice."
Helen hums, still not sure if Nat is still upset with her.
"He didn't want to leave you guys. Bucky didn't even want to reach for Steve after. He thought he was going to hate him." Helen sighs, and Nat nods.
"Both Steve and I were so glad to know he was ok. That's what matters.
Today is your day. No more sad talking. We are over them." Nat announces, getting back to her work.

"So, did Steve finally asked you out?" Helen asks with a smirk, remembering how they were holding hands under the table the first night they met.
"Yeah, after I kissed him." She chuckles, and Helen squirms, excited for her friend.
"It was about time! You two were practically eye-fucking for months." Nat snorts, looking at Helen with a fake shocked expression.
"You kiss your mom with that mouth?" She scoffs, finishing her makeup.
Helen laughs and gets up, brushing her gown, looking at her image in the mirror.
The lace corset wraps her chest with a floral pattern to make it more detailed. And the same detail shows again at the end of the sleeves, around her wrists.
The V neckline ends in a soft gown with a train.