Chapter 1

I'm Addison Adrienne Forbes Montgomery, I don't do nervous. I don't get nervous but seeing her, seeing the way she walks into a room and everyone adjusts to her, I feel the nerves in my stomach radiating throughout my entire body. I've never seen someone so... so captivating. Her brunette hair is a little past her shoulders and pops off her olive skin. The way the pencil skirt wraps itself around her as if it's afraid she will leave it at any moment. The way her beige blouse clings to her but is so effortlessly there in it's own right. The way the curves of her body happen to be outlined deliciously in her outfit only to be accented drastically by her,what seems to be very obvious faithful, pair of "fuck me heels." I watch as she makes her way throughout the room in the hospital, acting as if she owns it. Which I guess in a sense she does this is her town after all. She happens to make eye contact with me and very clearly looks me up and down excruciatingly slow. As her eyes make eye contact with mine again she smirks before turning away. Immediately the nerves are in full effect and god damn she's going to be the death of me. Regina Mills, or as should say Mayor Mills is going to be the death of me.

"Dr. Montgomery please stay behind so I can discuss the rules of this hospital with you as you are new to town." I gulp as she makes eye contact with me again and continues to look me over like I belong to her. I take my lab coat off as she dismisses everyone, for some odd reason I start adjusting myself as if I need her approval of how I look. Pull yourself together Addie, you are a Forbes Montgomery she should be wanting your approval. I roll my eyes at my own internal monologue, but I quickly fix my features into a face I've mastered for years that people either describe as my "Ruler of all that is Evil" or a face that makes me people want to have sex with me. At this point whichever way she takes it is fine with me. I sit back on the desk and cross my legs as I wait for her to come in. I watch as she walks back in looking at her blackberry as she starts to address me. "Dr. Montgomery I see you are a double board certified neonatal surgeon with a  specialty in maternal-fetal medicine and fetal surgery. Quite impressive honestly." As she says this I can't help but look at her as she walks, having to squeeze my legs together in the process to keep myself grounded. As I finally land on her face, I realize she must have been waiting on me to respond because then she looks up and stops moving immediately. I watch as her eyes rake over me, drinking me in and I watch as her eyes dilate slightly. It's then  that I realize how this looks, as if I'm propositioning her. I quickly stand up and just as quickly as I stand I immediately lose balance only for her to catch me. I gasp as her arm wraps around my waist and the other grabs my arm. "Easy there Red, I can't have you being admitted on your first day now can I?" I look up and notice how close we are, my eyes never leaving hers as her own glance down to my lips and quickly back up, smirking. I pull myself back up and away from her putting on my statue of a face and raising an eyebrow causing the mayor to take a step back and harden. "Anyways Doctor, you are expected to be here everyday you are required, it's a small town and we aren't nearly as busy as what you would be accustomed to but I expect you to give the same diligence here. No excuses ever, I don't tolerate them and I will let you go the moment you step out of line. I won't care, the people of this town come first. Romantic and/or sexual relationships should not be on display around this hospital. Patients shouldn't know your business and neither should every member of the staff. That being said always make sure you arrive presentable and on top. Am I clear?" I nod my head at her, only to watch as she shakes her head slightly. She reaches behind me to grab a file of papers and as she does her perfume invades my presence successfully intoxicating me. I hear her chuckle slightly at they way I slightly shake from her presence before she hands me the file. "Sign these and return them to my office tomorrow, I trust you'll have no problem finding which building that is correct?" I nod and as I go to walk away she speaks. "Your words Doctor, use your words, despite your lack of them today, your very well written references tell me you are capable of using them, I'd prefer to hear them from now on. Clear?"  I turn to her and look her dead in the eye feeling as if she was trying to already put me in my place when I haven't even stepped out of it, "Crystal Mayor Mills, perfectly transpicuous." I hear her gasp slightly as I walk away. This is going to be interesting to say the least, interesting and slightly exciting.