Season 10, Chapter 1: "The Beginning Of A New Era"

Hi everypony! My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle. The ruler of Equestria! Wow, it sure does feel weird saying that. Since the battle against Tirek, Queen Chrysalis and Cozy Glow, and the coronation of course, things have been moving pretty smoothly. My faithful student, Luster Dawn is LOVING her new home in Ponyville. She's already made TONS of new friends. I'm so proud of her! I'm planning on asking Starlight to try to find her a place in the School Of Friendship. Although I was kind of hoping she'd learn friendship lessons along her journey like I did, I think she'd learn a lot more from our school! Aw, I really miss the castle! But I'm sure Starlight is doing a great job keeping it nice and cozy for my visit. Anyway, as always, I am waiting for Pinkie, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity to get here so we can discuss a few things before I head off to my royal duties in Ponyville. And when I say royal duties I mean going to Sugar Cube Corner to meet Luster Dawn's new friends. I hope she isn't as nervous for my visit as I was when Celestia visited before I became an Alicorn. Gosh, that feels like forever ago now!

"Hello Twilight Darling! Sorry I'm late. You wouldn't BELIEVE Yakyakistan and how much the population is growing. As always!" Says Rarity, as she struts into the throne room wearing her beautiful winter snow coat. "No problem Rarity, we're still waiting for the others. Would you like to say hi to Spike? He's in the courtyard with Fluttershy and the Animals." "Yes, of course. Thanks dear!" Rarity trotted off to see Spike, as Rainbow and Applejack arrived. "Hey Ya'll!" I've missed Applejack so much. "AJ! It's so good to see you, i've missed you lots!" Rainbow Dash comes flying in after her, and crashes into her. They both lay on the throne room floor, giggling and blushing. "You guys are adorable. But come on! We've got work to do." I walk over to my throne and sit down, resting my tired hoofs after a busy day of errands. Spike, Rarity and Fluttershy walk in, with Discord a few inches behind them. "Guys! Finally, Come in!" Spike runs over to me. "Twilight, I've packed your bag for Ponyville and left it by your bed. We need to get the early train tomorrow to meet Luster!" I smile at Spike. "Aw, thanks Spike! What would I do without my number one assistant?" Spike shrugs, and goes to stand by Rarity again. I can't help but wonder how he STILL has a crush on her after all these moons!

Pinkie Pie barges into the throne room with her daughter, Lil' Cheese following behind her. "Sorry I'm late Twilight, Cheese Sandwich had to rush over to the rock farm with Maud to collect something for the party at Sugarcube Corner tomorrow. I had to bring Lil' Cheese with me and she just HATES the train." Lil' Cheese looks at me with her adorable bright pink eyes. "That's alright Pinkie, Hi Lil' Cheese! It's good to see you!" She runs up and hugs me. She's so cute, I just love her to bits! "Alright ponies!" I say with my royal Canterlot voice that Celestia taught me. "Starlight is trying to enroll Luster Dawn in the School Of Friendship, and I was hoping we could all go over there for a few days to teach her some lessons on the Elements of Harmony. It would mean so much to Luster if she had lessons from us like her friends did, she tells me in her letters how much they brag about it. It would make her so happy!" They all smile. "But twilight darling, wherever would we stay while we're in Ponyville?" I laugh and reply "We will stay in the castle with Starlight, unless you want to stay with your families, then that's fine too. I'll be in the castle with Starlight though. What do you think?" They all give me excited looks. "I think that's a great idea Twilight! I'd love to go back and teach. I really miss doing it!" I smile at Fluttershy. "I'm so glad to hear that, I wouldn't be able to do this without you, ANY of you!" They all nod and reassure me that they're in. "Alright then! It's settled. Next week, the lessons will start. Meet in the castle at noon, i'll let starlight know you're coming and she'll just let you in when you arrive. I'll send a scroll to Luster Dawn to let her know our plans! Spike, Take a letter!" Spike runs up to my throne with paper and a quill.

"Dear Luster Dawn. I hope you and your friends are doing well. I am writing to you to inform you that my friends and I are coming out of retirement to give you friendship lessons at my School of Friendship! Starlight Glimmer will meet you at the front of the school to show you around, and then to your new classroom. You may bring a friend with you to attend the lessons so you are not all alone in a class of strangers. I can't wait to see you tomorrow at Sugar Cube Corner!