Season 10 Chapter 4: "(Second) Chances"

"I....."

The Storm Queen hesitates as we all slowly gather, forming a semi-circle surrounding her. She seems as if she's scared to tell us what she is thinking. "It's alright, you can tell us," I say in a calm tone. Fluttershy looks over at me, with worry in her eyes. "Maybe she's scared we'll judge her, we should assure her we don't do that around here." She whispers lightly into my ear. I nod. "Storm Queen, I want you to know that we don't judge others. No matter what somepony does we believe that everypony deserves a second chance. And as the former Princess of Friendship, that is something I stand by." The Storm Queen looks up at me, as she finally begins to open up. "I loved my brother more than anything... We were best friends and I would do anything to make him proud. And even though he did not like you ponies very much.." "Rude." Rainbow Dash comments as she flies back from trying to bust away all the storm clouds created by The Storm Queen. Applejack nudges her. The Storm Queen continues. "I know that he would not want me to be all by myself. So yes, I would love a new friend." She smiles. I was so relieved, I did not want to have to put her in Tartarus with all the other nasty creatures. "You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that." Rainbow Dash taps me on the back. "uh, Twi- that's great and all but a few problems. Ponyville is still sorta- a mess.. The School Of Friendship needs repairing and so does your castle... again." 

I overlook all the destruction created by The Storm Queen. "I-I'm so sorry. I was just so angry." Fluttershy comes over, and shyly comments "Don't worry, as Princess Twilight said, everypony deserves a second chance." I look over at Fluttershy and smile. "She's right, so let's get to fixing up Ponyville! Rainbow Dash, let Starlight and Spike know they can get the students out of the castle, and start sending them home for a short holiday while the school is being repaired. Rainbow Dash nods and rushes off. "How about I design some new tapestries for the castle AND the school? They could use some redecoration anyways!" "Sure Rarity, that sounds great! I know you'll come up with something beautiful!" Rarity nods and trots off to her boutique. "Pinkie, do you think you can plan a quick last-minute party to welcome The Storm Queen to Ponyville?" "Of course Twilight! I'll start right away!" She laughs as she runs off to start gathering supplies. The Storm Queen taps me on the shoulder, "A welcome party? Are you sure? after all, I've done?" She exclaims. "Of course! You'll love it. Pinkie Pie throws the best parties! She's in charge of all the Canterlot events you know. Including the Grand Galloping Gala! She's the best party planner around!" 

The Storm Queen smiles for the first time since we met her. It filled me with so much joy to see her so happy! This must be what Pinkie feels when she makes someone smile. It's such a wonderful feeling to help creatures realize that the magic of friendship is something they really want in life! And that they don't need to take revenge or fight back. Because at the end of the day, everypony deserves a chance to become a better version of themselves. Even if they were a villain! I just wish that's something Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow would've thought about. As I'm daydreaming and talking to myself, all my friends have returned from their jobs. "The students are safely back home, your majesty," Rainbow Dash says, flying above Applejack who confirms that she has also made food for the welcome party. "Excellent work everypony! Pinkie, how's the---" Before I could even finish my sentence, I look over at the town hall which is all decorated with a picture of The Storm Queen, decorations, streamers, cake, pie, balloons, everything! 

"Wow Pinkie, how in EQUESTRIA did you get all this done so fast!?" Pinkie giggles. "I had some help!" Cheese Sandwich comes out from behind the town hall and smiles. I gasp and gallop over to him to greet him "Cheese Sandwich, hi! It's so good to see you!" I say, giving him a big hug. "It's good to see you too your majesty! Lil' Cheese, come to say hi to the princess!" Lil' Cheese comes out from behind Cheese Sandwich. "Hey, little one! did you help with this too?!" She nods and sticks her cute little tongue out, making the funny face Pinkie Pie used to always make. "Woah! Looks like you're already taking after your parents!" Pinkie and Cheese smile, they seem so proud of their daughter and who she's becoming. "Nopony has ever thrown me a party before, not even for my birthday! how can I ever thank you, Pinkie Pie?" The Storm Queen asks as she wipes tears from her eyes. "Aw don't mention it! This is just what I do!" She smiles and Lil' Cheese gives The Storm Queen a hug. "Oh, a hug- Is that what those are called?" She asks as she points down at her. I laugh, and I nod. "It's our way of expressing love and friendship towards one another!" She smiles and wipes her tears once more. "So, wait, you used to be the princess of friendship? That was YOU?" The Storm Queen asks me, with shock. 

"Yep, until Luna and Celestia stepped down from the throne and passed on their responsibilities to me and my friends! You should meet my star student, Luster Dawn! I bet you could learn a lot from her. She's been learning friendship from me, as Starlight Glimmer once did! I wave at Starlight and Sunburst as they are speaking to one of their students. "If you like I'm sure I could speak to Starlight and try to get you enrolled in The School Of Friendship! I took over Celestia's School of Magic, which is why Starlight runs my friendship school now instead of me. But I bet you can still really benefit from all the lessons the teachers teach there!" "That would be amazing, Thank you!" The Storm Queen says excitedly. "Cmon! Let's go get some cake!" Rainbow Dash says as she rushes over to all the delicious-looking cakes Pinkie Pie baked for the welcome party. The whole of Ponyville showed up, the party ended up being really successful! And I managed to change the ways of a villain who just wanted revenge for her brother. I can really relate to the Storm Queen. I'm really close with Shining Armour, I can't imagine what it would be like if I lost him, I'd probably assume that Discord cast a spell on him, and I'd have to use a special potion from Zecora to break it! Hahaha! 

"What's so funny, Twilight?" Spike says, coming toward me and standing next to me. "Oh, nothing. I'm just so happy that we managed to turn her around. And more importantly, stopped Ponyville from becoming the center of Equestrian War II! except, not against King Sombra." We both laugh as I put my hoof around Spike. Soon, Rarity returns from her Boutique with a saddlebag full of the tapestries that she made, displaying them in front of the Town Hall. "Woah, these look beautiful!" "Oh thank you Twilight darling. Nothing a little colored fabric can't make!" I smile as I hang them up higher so everypony can see them. I step up onto the stage to make an announcement. "Citizens of Ponyville! We are gathered here today to celebrate the defeat and the welcome to Ponyville party of The Storm Queen!" The ponies clap and stomp their hooves as the Storm Queen waves down to all the citizens. "This is your home now, Storm Queen." She smiles "Actually, that's not my real name.." "Oh?" I say, sounding rather puzzled. "It's Stormshine." My eyes widen. "YOU'RE Stormshime?! I've read about you in one of my Tales Of Equestria novels! You're actually real? This is incredible!" She laughs. "I'm no tale, but I am a queen!" I smile and I join her in laughing. What a great way to end such an evenful couple of days! I can't wait to see what happens next! 

------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED 

------------------------