1

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐃
◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

When my brother and I were little we were always told these stories about the monsters that resided underneath our beds. My brother was always quick to believe that the monsters were terrifying creatures, I always thought they were cool. I loved monsters and I would always talk to them when I was bored or needed someone to talk to when my brother wasn't there. Eventually I stopped because no one answered but I never realized that someone was listening the entire time...

Now it's Valentines' day and ever since I broke up with my boyfriend (now ex) a few weeks ago. I wasn't planning on dating again, at least not for a while, I did not want to put myself back in a situation like that.

I was sitting in my room with a glass of wine and reading until I remembered all the times I would talk to the monster I thought lived under my bed. So an idea popped into my head, I don't know why but it just did for some reason. Being me I figured nothing would come of it. So I laid on my stomach at the foot of my bed.

"Hey" -I paused contemplating what I was doing- "Mr. Monster?" -no response- "Look I know it's been a while but it's y/n and I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" 

I waited a little bit then realized how stupid I probably looked asking the "monster under my bed" out on a date just cause I was lonely. I decided to just go back to reading my book and sipping my wine.

Not long after I get back into my book again I hear something shuffling around under my bed, curious I look over the foot of my bed again. My e/c eyes make eye contact with a pair of beautiful golden iris'. We stare at each other for a bit before he says something. "R-really?" His voice was very gruff and husky, making my cheeks heat up a bit by its attractiveness.

omg what do I do there's a monster under my bed omg its like all my dreams are coming true right now wtfffffffff. Play it cool y/n we don't wanna scare him away. you've been waiting for this moment since you were 6.

"Uh-uh- y-yeah really, uhm...would you like to come out from under there?" I said as calmly as I could because internally I was freaking out. "Uh sure" he proceeds to come out from underneath my bed. I was so amazed by what I was witnessing. Inside me there's both a 6 year older me and a 22 year old me that's freaking out right now. He looks like he came right out of a children's storybook. He moved so gracefully for having such a large wingspan.

He sat on the floor in front of me. I slid down off my bed looking at the wine in my hand. Maybe I'm just super drunk...I should lay off the wine for a while. I chugged the rest of my wine before placing the glass on the ground. I look over to him and he's studying his surroundings. He looks over to me when he's done. "Hi, my name's Bokuto Koutaro." He reaches his hand out to me and I hesitantly take it. "My name is l/n y/n."

His hand was bigger than mine, it felt calloused and rough. My eyes drifted towards his wings. They were large in size but they looked delicate, long white feathers with black blemishes near the ends of each individual feather. They looked soft to the touch almost like fresh white snow on the ground during winter. "They're beautiful" I muttered to myself and then my eyes landed on his horns. They looked regal, moving in the direction of his hair and then curving down and up to a point that looked sharper than glass. Going from an Ombre of black to white at the tips. I look at him and he gives me a toothy grin showing off his sharp fangs. That's nice.

He was wearing multiple layers of clothing all that matched him to a T. Sandals that wrapped around his calves with a little golden jewel hanging from it. A shawl that hung over his shoulders with a design that resembled his wings but with gold streaks that only hung down as far as his waist. What looked to be a scarf made of dark navy blue with lighter blue markings in a pattern, with two tails that hung down his back. A beige looking shackle around his right forearm with a fingerless glove, it looked like those bird perches people wear. A black sleeve on his left arm that went down over his middle finger. Grey pants with wrappings around his upper left thigh. I couldn't tell if he was wearing a shirt or not because of the shawl being in the way.

"You know staring is rude" 

I snapped out of my trance from admiring him. 

"Oh- sorry I was just trying to take it all in...I didn't mean to be rude" 

"You're fine, I know I'm super awesome. I can't help it." 

He does a motion like he's slicking his hair back. Damn, he's cocky too. I know who he'll get along with. I roll my eyes in amusement.

"Anyways, so where are we going for our little date?"

"Oh- uhm...well I don't think we can go anywhere when you look like....that. Not to be rude, you look amazing, but going out like that is just not a smart idea."

"Oh that's an easy fix, one second"

He closed his eyes and moved his wings more inward, at the same time his horns were slithering their way in from the end to his head until they were gone. He shook his shoulders slightly and his wings were gone.

"There we go"

I stand up and walk into the room down the hall and go into one of the boxes looking for some clothes for him to wear. I picked out a jean jacket with a gray shirt, some navy blue pants and a pair of white vans.

I walk back into my room and see he's looking at some of the photos on my dresser.

"You know it's rude to snoop"

He jumps a little and turns to me.

"I wasn't snooping, I was just looking at all of these photos. Is this you?"

He pointed to the picture of me, my parents and my older brother.

"Yeah, that was when my family went on vacation to the beach when I was still in highschool"

"Oooo that sounds fun"

"Yeah it was..." -I think back to times before everything went wrong- "anyways, here's some clothes for you to change into"

"Wha- what's wrong with what I'm wearing!?!"

"Nothing its just....its not something people wear around here, now go change in the bathroom"

I shoo him into the bathroom and I get changed as well. I put on a white crop top with a flannel over top, some high waisted black baggy jeans and white Nikes. I grab my phone and put it in my pocket and wait for Bokuto to finish changing.

He comes out of the bathroom holding his stuff and wearing what I gave him.

"These clothes fit me perfectly, how'd you know what size to give me??"

"I didn't, you just have the same build as my older brother did that's all, now let's go"

I get up off of the bed and walk out my bedroom door heading downstairs. Bokuto followed behind me.

"So where are we going to go eat?"

"You'll see"

We head out my door walking along the street. The only light coming from the lamp posts.

a/n

1344 words

I hope you liked it apologies for any grammar errors that were made or anything

----------------------------------------------------------