Chapter 3

"Are you finished with your lessons for the day?" Sango smiled as she watched her daughter run into the living room. She was currently reading the script for a new drama she was working on, however she placed the stack of papers on the coffee table so she could focus on her child.

Anzu grinned, her two ponytails flying around her head. "I've gotten really good at Japanese! Does that mean we'll go to Japan one day?"

"Would you like to go to Japan?"

"Yes! I read in a book that there's a big mountain, festivals, and shrines. There were also drawings of these really pretty flowers that grow on trees in the spring!" The seven year old gestured everything she said with her hands enthusiastically. "Can we visit the hot springs too? And an amusement park!"

Sango laughed softly and pulled her daughter into a hug. "We can do anything you want. We can even go visit your dad and let him know we're home."

Anzu looked up at her mother with an innocent gaze. "When will we be able to go?"

"In due time, Anzu."

° ∆ -------- ••• ------- ∆ °

Anzu looked around the Sohma estate, taking in all of the scenery. It was like a city within a city. She was walking with her bag secure on her back behind Shigure. Earlier, they had split ways from Momiji since he had to get ready for school. It was explained to her that there were two sections of the estate and now the duo was in the main estate, which they had to pass through another grand gate to get to.

"I haven't seen the place where my parents got married yet." The crimsonette frowned as she studied the houses they walked past. If she had to be honest, her legs were hurting with how much walking they'd done to get this far.

"That was probably in the outside estate. We can find it later after your meeting." Shigure offered with a smile.

The two stopped in front of a large Japanese-styled home and Anzu's heart immediately sunk into her stomach. Was it normal to be this scared to meet someone? Clutching her backpack strap, she looked around uncertainly before following Shigure inside.

"Akito... I brought someone to meet you." Shigure stood in the doorway of the main room comfortably. After Anzu had taken her shoes off, she peeked around his frame curiously. The house they walked into was fairly dark with black walls everywhere. They had proceeded down a long corridor before arriving at this room. When the redhead looked in, she noticed someone in a black and white robe with short black hair. As they turned around, only one word seemed to formulate in her mind.

"...God..."

Akito turned around from her seated position and eyed Shigure in distaste before she locked eyes with her visitor. She felt an uncanny pull in the girl's direction, so she immediately stood up. Holding her hand out, she motioned for Anzu to come to her.

"Who are you?"

"Ah, well... My name is Anzu Fukushima..."

Akito grabbed Anzu's hand, then glanced in Shigure's direction. "I want to speak to her alone. You can leave."

Shigure obliged and walked away, leaving Akito and Anzu by themselves. Anzu looked down, focusing on the feeling of Akito's soft hand around hers. She didn't know what gender they identified as, but they were beautiful. Akito had her sit down with her and let her hand go, opting to feel a strand of her long red hair.

"You feel it, don't you? There's an undeniable bond between us."

Anzu fiddled with her fingers in her lap. "It's because of this zodiac thing, right?"