Regret & Return

- 25 Years After The Inferno -

Himiko Toga was on her day off. Her circumstances certainly changed from when she was a teen. A stable home, with a loving husband... and finally accepted by a lot of caring friends, she wouldn't trade this for anything... however... one thing keeps her from truly being satisfied. And that thing was her biggest regret. The blonde was currently looking over her notes of the events leading up to the inferno. A corkboard with evidence, leading to each other, with files pinned to them. A conspiracy theorist's dream. During any other time, these are carefully hidden away from the person who saved, and eventually married her, Dabi. Himiko has asked again and again why he uses that fake name when he doesn't hide his hair anymore, but he refuses to answer that particular question... and it's the same response she gives when the white haired man asked her why she worked with... Izuku.

No, he wouldn't understand. And that's the way it remained for them, as they grew up, fell for each other, and now had married 7 years ago at this point. Shaking her head, she focused back on the notes on the board, trying to make a connection, any connection to his whereabouts, even if it's just to bury him. Right now, the blonde isn't obsessed with him in the same way she was when she was in her younger, villain days. She just wanted to make things right, something she could never forgive herself for before.

That day when he snapped Shigaraki's neck, Toga could still see the young greenette beneath the decrepit golden suit. The one who she could look at with wonder and amazement as he overcame everything to be a hero, breaking bone and bleeding all over to save others... Well, the one who could have been. And her actions led directly to that being taken away. She was the reason he died. She needed to fix things.

Analyzing the notes, she tried to chart where he could've gone. The corpse was never found, which can only mean that he escaped. Dabi had tried his absolute hardest, to convince her otherwise, but Toga couldn't be convinced by logic or emotion on this. Which is why she hid this from him. It was her one secret.

Anyhow, she put the conspiracy board away, as she was forced to get ready for her classes. Her current occupation was as a teacher... and her current role was now at UA... as a villain tactics teacher. It was a part of her rehabilitation, and it was honestly a perfect position. She'd often go over the various strategies of the desperate or evil. She was uniquely able to understand a villain's mindset, and it was crucial that hero students understand them better as well. As of late, the world had started to peak in terms of villain activity. Many fake heroes took advantage of the peace to "come back from retirement", and villain attacks were on the rise. Springtrap was the embodiment of Karma for many, and his name alone caused fear in both villains and fake heroes. But as he had vanished... villains got braver.

As she walked, she sipped on a strawberry milkshake, infused with a little blood for extra flavor. It was her favorite... and allowed her to get into the mindset she'd need for the day. Approaching the gates, they opened, allowing her to enter. The campus was massive. When she was brought there for the first time, she was shocked by it. Izuku came here for school!? Wow... and she was even surprised to see the statue of Izuku... but even then, not much was said. Modern hero students didn't know or understand who he was, and many of them were just as bad as those Stain hunted back in the day. She sighed, preparing for class, and fretting for the next year. Next year, I'll have to take care of all my friend's kids. They'll be old enough, and will probably pass, if they have anything to say about it. Ugh, Toko is going to be an annoyance... but, her thoughts drifted back throughout the day, to her conspiracy board. I have one last place to check before I give up. I really don't want to as he almost forgave me!