Designing a Future

Arriving at class, Katsumi was surprised to see that Mei wasn't there immediately. Instead, there was a substitute. And one she was familiar with. It was Mina Ashido, aka, Pinky, aka, the one she nearly hospitalized last night. She was covered in bandages, and her left arm was in a sling.

I didn't injure her that much!

I think that's to just minimize strain on where you stabbed more than anything.

Well this is going to be awkward.

Just pretend that you weren't even there.

I'll try!

Entering the room, she smiled at her honorary aunt, before showing concern, "Aunty? What are you..."
"I'm just taking over homeroom for you guys, and supervising your engineering class!" Her hyper nature was just like Hatsume's, except without the fear in her eyes. She was a hero, afterall.

Sei raised her hand, and asked, "What qualifications do you have?"

Mina just laughed, "Man, you sound just like Iida, I swear... to answer your question, I have enough qualifications to be a supervising teacher. I am not qualified for your techno-wizardry you got goin on. So that you'll have to discuss with yourselves."

She nodded, accepting it as barely enough. Mina continued to speak, "You guys are already working on support gear, so... just get started. You have english with D..." She trailed off, before saying a different name to what she was going to say. It pained her to say it, but she persevered, putting on a happy expression again. "With Tsutonori-sensei at 10:45. I'll be with you until then!"

Um... was she going to say Denki? As in Kaminari?

Yes. She was. Until a year ago, he was the English teacher here.

And I killed him.

Yes.

Well... I won't apologize, but what's done is done.

On the one hand, Katsumi liked him well enough. He was basically a carbon copy of the old hero Present Mic, who was a great hero, but on the other hand... he killed Izuku. So, there was little complaint from her as she sat down at her table.

As she went to work, Katsumi was fully engrossed in designing the robotic body that would be Izuku's. She had done most of the other, school required, But... while she could build a simple attack robot, developing a fully functional android is a whole other issue... that was when she got an idea. Walking to Leonard, she asked him, "Hey... Leon..."

"Yes, Katsumi?" He asked, focusing on building a quick piece for one of the hero students. It was steampunk but in line with the design of the student's costume. Seeing the file, it was for one... Aka Kaminari. Red Lightning.

"When you have time... can I study your mechanics? I need to understand it for a... project I'm working on."
He glanced at her, his lower left hand adjusting his monocle, and then smiled, "Sure, after school".

She walked away, taking note of the pinkette's dopey grin.

Izuku commented on his old classmate's demeanor. She never changes, even after all this time.

Oh, so she was always like that. Annoying.

Yeah, but one could argue that's a part of her... charm...

She didn't know what to say about that, and went back to her work.

Later that afternoon, Leonard arrived to find Katsumi still working. This time, though, she seemed more... invested. As if her work actually had meaning. He had to interrupt her thoughts. "Katsumi..."
Nearly jumping, she told him off for it, "Leon! Don't sneak up on me like that."