Amil, and the unknown location.

Today is the day I meet Amil.

I have no idea what to expect. Jake reassures me he can help with Trevor and the stalker, but I'm not confident. From what I've heard, Amil is a dangerous man. Do I want to deal with two dangerous men with more danger? I figure I'll meet him first before making a decision. Meeting the man Jake is involved in can't end too badly, right? Jake drives over to the other side of town. He keeps checking his rearview mirror every couple of minutes and it begins to spark my paranoia. "Are we being followed?" I ask him with a slight panic in my voice.

"Not that I know of. I'm making sure it stays that way," Jake responds. When we begin approaching a derelict area, he throws a blindfold in my direction. It lands in my lap and I stare down at it with a questionable look on my face. "What is this for?" I ask him.

"Amil's orders. He wants you to put it on so you don't know where we're going." Jake says before glancing over at me apologetically. His posture is rigid and he's been quiet all morning. Is he worried about my initial meeting with Amil? "Does he really expect me to wear this?" I ask before lifting the blindfold. "Yeah," Jake tells me quietly. He grips the steering wheel a little tighter with frustration and I release a sigh of defeat.

"Okay, sure. I'll put it on." I say quietly. I wrap the blindfold around me and everything turns dark. Nerves begin to bubble away in the pit of my stomach. "Can you tell me more about him?" I ask Jake. I feel like I'm being walked into the unknown, and it would be nice to have more information on the man I'm about to meet. "He's one of the most powerful men in the city." Jake begins. My throat dries out with nerves, and I feel my palms beginning to grow clammy. Jake reaches out to place a reassuring hand on my knee. I can sense his nerves despite being blindfolded."I want you to listen to me carefully, okay?" Jake begins.

"Okay," I whisper, wondering what he's about to tell me. "Amil is a dangerous man with dangerous amounts of power. I want you to let me do most of the talking. Don't speak unless he asks you a question. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, I understand. Am I in danger?"

"No. I won't let anything bad happen to you, I swear. You trust me, right?" Jake asks before giving my thigh a gentle squeeze. "Yeah, I trust you." My heart thuds ferociously inside my chest, and I take several deep breaths to remain calm.

"I'm bringing you to Amil because he can help. He has connections all over the city, so we can find out who your stalker is before he gets a chance to hurt you. We'll find out whether he's linked to Trevor, and if he is, we're going to deal with it. We can't fight this alone which is why we need outside help." Jake says to me. His words are spoken in an icy tone that causes a shiver to run down my spine. I don't respond with words, but I nod once to let him know I hear him.

"This is all going to be over soon," Jake tells me in an attempt to subside my anxiety. It doesn't work. He keeps driving for twenty minutes before the car rolls to a slow stop. I wipe my hands on my jeans before exhaling a deep breath. Amil sounds like a paranoid man, which means he's done things to warrant being paranoid. Jake steps out of the car before walking round to the passenger side. He helps me out of my seat before snaking an arm around my waist to guide me.

"Follow me," Jake murmurs down my ear. I can't see anything, but the smell of damp and sewage is overpowering. My nose turns up in disgust, and I wonder whether Amil asked to meet me here to deter me away from his usual hang out spot. I feel Jake stop in his tracks before knocking on a door. He knocks three times before leaning down and banging his fists in the corner of the door. The two sounds are totally different and I hold my breath with curiosity. Is he knocking in code?

The sound of the door clanging open causes me to jump. I shuffle closer to Jake while wishing I wasn't blindfolded. Having my sight taken away from me makes me feel incredibly vulnerable, but I figure that's what Amil wants. Jake is greeted by a deep male voice before I feel him guide me inside. The warmth of the building I'm in hits me, and I hear music playing in the distance. The music grows louder with every step we take. Jake leans down until his lips are aligned with my ear.