First Date.

My breakfast consists of a jar of Nutella and a spoon. I'm sitting on the couch watching morning television when Jake enters the room. He's eating a banana and his brow raises at the sight of my breakfast choice. "Is that good?" He asks before dipping the end of his banana into the jar. I wave his hand away before scooping out a large spoonful of Nutella. My eyes roll back with pleasure as soon as it hits my tastebuds.

"Mmm, it's so good. I can't get enough," I say with complete delight. When I open my eyes, Jake is watching me with a smirk playing on his lips. His eyes ignite with a deep rooted sparkle. "I like it when you moan like that, Wentworth." Jake tells me. I choke on the piece of Nutella in my mouth before throwing a hard glare at him. His laughter fills the room and he drops down on the couch beside me.

"Did your Mom and Myra already leave for work?" I ask him, wondering whether I'm going to see them before they leave again. He nods his head in response. "Yeah, they left bright and early. We probably won't see them for another couple of weeks," Jake tells me. "Does it ever bother you?" I question him. I know he prefers to be independent, but his Mom is practically an absent parent. My Mom's lack of presence in my life definitely bothers me at times.

"With my Mom? Not really. With Aunt Myra? Sometimes. I'm pretty close with her considering she raised me." Jake tells me. His words peak my interest, and I sit up straight to give him my full attention. "Your Mom didn't raise you?" I question him.

"Not really. She was always in and out of my life. I spent most of my time with Myra, Tobias and Ivory." Jake tells me. Is that the reason I could sense tension between them? Jake pulls the Nutella jar out of my hands before reaching for the spoon. I pout in protest when he scoops half of the contents before shoving it into his mouth. Why do boys eat like starved animals? Even a food as delectable as Nutella wouldn't warrant me closing up my airways. "Why didn't she raise you?" I ask him.

"It's complicated," Jake says quietly before handing me the Nutella jar. I figure he doesn't want to talk about the subject, so I decide to change it. I spoon another mouthful of chocolate in my mouth before groaning in delight.

"I owe everything to the person who invented Nutella. Probably our first born child," I joke. Jake's eyes grow wide at my words. "Are you already planning children with me?" I take the opportunity to tease him. "A proposal. A wedding. Marriage. Children. I'm planning it all," I wink at him. Jake grins at me before wrestling me to the couch. He pins me down on it and climbs over my body before attacking me with his lips. In between frantic kisses, he responds with words that cause my heart to feel like it's ready to burst through my chest. "I know you're trying to make me panic, but I like the sound of that."

"Jake!" I squeal as his hands tickle my sides with no mercy. My laughter echoes off the walls. "Please stop! I can't handle it," I laugh while trying to wrestle him off me. His hands eventually wrap around my wrists and he pins them above my head while staring down at me. The light in his eyes causes heat to flood through me. He looks down at me with love in his expression, and I can't remember the last time I felt like I was on the receiving end of a look like this.

"God damn, you're beautiful," Jake breathes out before pressing his mouth to mine. I kiss him like he's oxygen and I'm running out of air. He eventually pulls back before his lips spread into a lazy smile. "I want to take you out," Jake tells me. "It's about time I showed you off to the world." I sit up on my arms with an intrigued look on my face. "Like a date?" I ask him. "Yeah, exactly like a date."

Excitement flutters inside me. "I've never been on a date before," I tell him. He presses a quick kiss to my forehead before climbing off me. "Well, today is your lucky day. Take your pretty little self upstairs to get ready. I'll be waiting," Jake orders me around me with a boy-ish smile. God, I love his smile. I could watch it all day. I spring off the couch with eagerness to get ready for my first ever date.