CHAPTER ONE ━━ SYMPHONY OF DEATH

" I hear myself,
laughing, screeching, cackling "

" I hear myself,laughing, screeching, cackling "

CHAPTER ONE  ━━ SYMPHONY OF DEATH

DEATH NEVER LEAVES. The warriors of Ta-Lo have these words engraved in their hearts. These were the last words of the Great Protector and the first of the Dragon Warriors. It's an unspoken truth – the danger of death forever stays; you must learn to defy it, because death never makes a sound when it comes for you. And for years, Ta-Lo had been tricking death; until the Dweller in Darkness, a vile creature of bloodlust and malice, was unleashed. Death lurked at the gates of Ta-Lo.

It was then, a warrior rose ,the Queen – the Great Protector, and she selected three warriors who would aid her in defeating the Darkness and honor the soil of their motherland. Each warrior could yield the power of three elements of nature- Earth, water and fire. Air belonged to the people of Ta-Lo. The events of the war were spun into stories and hymns and were passed down from generation to generation. Most of the scriptures got lost in time but a few still remain, the most important one being - The Song of The Dragon.

They say, every two decades, three shall be chosen and bestowed with the honor of protecting Ta-Lo. They are the Dragon Warriors – selected by the Great Protector herself, for a mother knows her children best. They say, every time a dragon warrior is born, you can hear the azure dragon of the river sing; the roars of the guardian lions and the phoenix rising from their ashes – just like the Dragon Warriors will, the day tragedy strikes.
It's a symphony between life and death.

Scriptures claim that the Dragon Warriors are gifted with abilities, they have the power to listen to the whispers that speak of the unknown things, to recognize the signs that point in unseen directions and the nudges that suggest unimagined possibilities. The warriors of Ta-Lo are born of dreams and prayers, faith and imagination, bright white wishing and black edged desire. Divinity stains their fingers and mouth like a pomegranate. It swallows them whole, wine-dark and wanting, reaching for them again and again, greedy fingers clutching at everything they can reach. The divinity curls its way through their veins and takes over. Then they rise from the ashes – the saviors.