CHAPTER FIVE ━━ THE NOT SO KID FRIENDLY CAPTAIN HOOK

"You can't hide forever"

CHAPTER FIVE  ━━ THE NOT SO KID FRIENDLY CAPTAIN HOOK

An unreadable expression engulfed Shang-Chi's face, something along the lines of hurt mixed with shock, his eyes widened and his mouth hung open in astonishment, "N-Nora?" he said in an almost inaudible voice, unsure if that was even the women's name. A million thoughts crossed his mind as he tried to process what had just happened.

Everything around Shang-Chi seemed to still and the voices were now merging into the background. It had been years since he had heard someone call his name, his real name. His friend, whom he was sure he hadn't told his true identity to, was now standing in front of him calling out his name that too in mandarin and fighting off the bad guys like a freaking ninja. It felt like someone had punched him right in the gut, that someone being the hulk (no exaggeration!)

To Mei, the look on Shang-chi's face was of nothing but pure shock and betrayal, as if he was waiting for someone to come out from behind the seats and scream SURPRISE BITCH YOU'VE BEEN PUNK'D but they both knew that was definitely not going to happen.

A swift kick to the shins from the previously forgotten men who seemed to be attacking the duo brought Mei and Shang-chi back to reality. Two men charged towards Shang-Chi, more so his necklace, it was hard not to miss the mischievous gleam in his eyes as he leapt in the air, did a split and kicked both the men in the face. Mei had always known she would have to face Shang-chi and Katy someday, tell them about her real identity, she just didn't expect it to be so soon.

"Yo, what up, ya'll ? It's your boy Klev, comin' at you live on the bus" A guy, who seemed to be an overexcited college student, had now started recording the fight and Mei was sure they were one FIGHT! chant away from this turning into a whole WWE show.