Chapter 1

Trigger Warnings for this chapter: Abuse, mention of attempted rape

Chapter 1

It was a late September evening, the air was still slightly warm from the day but temperatures were dropping quickly. There was a pleasant scent of petrichor in the air, threatening the night with possible rain. Street lights were lit but there weren't many people walking about under them. Most homes and businesses were dark for the night.

For some time the only sounds that filled Lee Rang's ears was the soft click clacking of Ki Yuri's heels on the sidewalk and her gentle talking every few minutes. He knew the blissful silence wouldn't last much longer as they were nearing the lounge bar they were going to for dinner.

There was the sudden sound of a commotion coming from a nearby alleyway. It piqued the interest of Yuri as she started to increase the speed of her steps lightly. Rang sighed and shook his head while sliding his hands into his pockets. "Just let it go, Yuri. It's probably just a bunch of drunken losers fighting each other over something stupid."

The vixen pouted and rolled her eyes knowing that her friend was most likely right. She was just bored and looking for something fun. Pausing in her steps she waited for the male to catch up to her. A chill ran down her spine as she heard a female voice yell out in distressed anger.
The foxes looked at each other before walking toward the loud alleyway together.

"Let me go you son-of-a-bitc--!

As the foxes rounded the corner they witnessed a woman getting smacked across the face, cutting off her screaming. She whipped her face forward again, a fire was burning in her eyes as she struggled against a large, thuggish looking man.

Lee Rang wasn't one to be helpful to the human race but he could tell the woman was giving it her all and still wasn't going to get away. He surveyed the surroundings, taking in all details around the alleyway. The fox noticed a second male, thinner than first; he stood to the side taking a long drag from the cigarette that rested on his lips.

The woman was pushed; her back making rough contact with the brick wall behind her. A pained yelp escaped her lips and the sound made the hairs on the back of Lee Rang's neck stand up as a wave of anger he wasn't expecting came over him.

The thinner man took two steps forward, closing the gap between himself and the woman. He blew his long drag of smoke into her face causing her eyes to water slightly in irritation. Finally he spoke, his voice filled with boredom. "Listen honey, we paid for you. Best to just give in and give him what he wants. It will be less painful for you if you do." He took another drag from his cigarette.

During this time Rang and Yuri were quietly moving closer to the scene. None of the other beings had taken notice of them. Yuri grit her teeth, ready to attack and pounce. She wouldn't mind sinking her teeth into one of the vile men.

"I wasn't for sale! That prick doesn't own me!" The woman growled fiercely as she struggled to free her limbs.

Yuri perked up as she took in the female's features, she was pleasantly surprised to see the faint blue outlining glow of ears and a bushy tail. In a hushed whisper she spoke, "Lee Rang, she's a -"

"-wolf." Lee Rang finished. "That just made everything more interesting." Curiosity got the best of him and he held his hand in front of Yuri, pausing her advancing footsteps.

With some difficulty the larger male was able to move the female's wrists to one of his hands and raised them above her head. With his now free hand he pulled viciously at her top, tearing the fabric and exposing her under garments. "You're mine, bitch."

Rang and Yuri tensed suddenly, ready to rip the man away from the female. The woman had yet to stop trying to fight the man off. She was able to free one of her legs and kneed him with all her might. The victory was short lived, the man howled in pain and held himself while the thinner man stepped up quickly and grabbed the female's hair tightly smacking her head into the wall twice.