Chapter 3

Eun-ji woke early the next morning, saw there was nothing in the kitchen and ran to the store. She picked up a few things to make breakfast such as rice, kimchi and galbi. It was the least she could do after everything Lee Rang and Ki Yuri had done for her. She made haste to get back to the home of Lee Rang. Thankfully his kitchen was fully stocked with cooking instruments and she got to work right away.

Halfway through cooking, the front door opened to reveal Yuri. "Oh, something smells delicious." The fox stated as she made her way into the kitchen. She found the wolf at the stove heating up some soup. "Noona, did you prepare all of this?" She peaked at the meat under the foil that was keeping it warm.

"Mmm," Eun-ji nodded her head. "I hope you haven't eaten breakfast yet."

"No, I haven't. Can I have some?" Yuri asked, trying not to drool over the delicious smells.

"Once it's finished. Can you go wake Lee Rang for me? It will be done in a few minutes."

The wolf didn't have to ask twice, Yuri bounced out of the kitchen and made her way swiftly to the male fox's room. "Lee Rang!" She ran over to the bed and started to jostle him awake. "Rang, wake up. Noona wolfie made breakfast."

He groaned and cracked an eye open. "Yuri, stop." Hands were immediately removed from his body. "Now, what are you going on about that has you waking me like this?"

Yuri smiled at him. "Eun-ji made us breakfast. It smells delicious. Hurry up." She nudged him a few more times before standing up and leaving the room. "You have two minutes or I'm eating your share."

Lee Rang groaned and rolled over to stare at his door. He wanted to sleep a little bit more but Yuri was right - the food smelled devine. It was enough to drive him out from under his covers and into the dining area.

Eun-ji was setting the food on the table when Lee Rang walked in. "Good morning. Would you like some coffee with breakfast?"

Rang looked at her and then all the food she had made. "I think this is more than enough. Sit and eat with us."

She flashed him a smile. "Think of this as a thank you for everything." She placed a bowl in front of him and stepped back when she felt his hand around her wrist. "Huh?"

"Sit. Eat."

The look he gave her made her bite her bottom lip. It was intense and stern but not in a way that made her scared. She didn't feel threatened by him. "Okay." She whispered as her wrist was released. Quickly she ran to the kitchen to grab a clean bowl for herself before returning to the table and taking a seat with the two foxes.

Breakfast was mostly quiet, with the exception of appreciated sounds of delight of Ki Yuri while she ate. "Noona, this is absolutely delicious. Where did you learn to cook like this?"

"Oh, um. Before..." She paused for a moment, willing the next sentence to flow out of her mouth. "Before Kyong let me have a job - he had me cook. I cooked a lot. When a meal wasn't right - he would have me make it over again." Her thoughts drift back to many times that he threw the plate against the wall and screamed at her. It made her think of when their relationship started getting bad. Did it really go on for so long?

"Noona, are you okay?" A hand landed on hers and gave a little shake. "I didn't mean to bring up bad things."

Eun-ji snapped out of her daze and looked between the two of them. She forced a small smile. "Oh, no it's okay. I have to accept the bad with the good, right? With lots of practice I'm able to make delicious foods for you." She smiled a real smile next. "I actually really enjoy cooking now. It makes me happy to be able to share this with you."