Chapter 7

Lee Rang had walked into the house early in the morning. He had just returned from the island after fulfilling his mission. The first thing he noted was that the scent of cake was very subtle in the air. He recalled Eun-ji stating she was making a cake for their vixen friend's birthday. The second thing he noted was that the house was quiet. He was surprised that the wolf wasn’t bouncing around getting ready for work. 

He moved through the place quietly, stopping at Eun-ji’s door only to find her room empty. He assumed she had already headed out for work, missing her by just a few minutes as her scent of azalea and orange blossom was still strong in the air. The fox decided that he would get changed, grab a coffee and head over to her job. Now that he was certain he knew where she worked, it wouldn’t be difficult to check in. 

Upon entering his room, he was slightly shocked to see the she-wolf curled up in his bed. He moved silently, slipped off his suit jacket and walked over to the bed. She looked very peaceful with her head resting on his pillow. To her chest, she clutched the red blanket, while his comforter was wrapped around her frame. 

He stared at her for a few moments, drinking up the sight in his eyes. For a brief second he thought how this must be like to have a special someone. To come home from a long distance trip and find them cozied up in bed, wrapped up in the sheets waiting for their other half to return to them. 

He changed into comfortable clothes before slipping under the comforter with her. At first he was just going to go to bed but the more he laid there the more he wanted her closer. Rolling over, he wrapped his arm around her waist and pressed his chest to her back. Burying his nose into her hair he breathed in her scent almost feeling a little dizzy from it. His body began to relax and he allowed the darkness to consume his mind. 

It wasn’t much longer when a repetitive beeping noise sounded in his room. The warm comfortable pillow in his arms started to move before stilling suddenly. 

“Lee Rang…?” There was a timid and questioning voice that made his eyes crack open. 

“Mm.. yes wolf?” His voice was heavy with sleep, he didn’t realize how tired he was after doing everything he needed to on the island. 

“When did you get home?” Eun-ji asked him as she started to turn in his arms, but he denied her, pulling her body tighter against his before closing his eyes again. 

“This morning.” His lips brushed against the back of her neck. The shiver that ran through her spine could be felt against his chest. He felt his lips curl up at the ends. “Taking a short nap before I have more things to settle today.” 

“I see. Then welcome home, Lee Rang.” She rested her arm over his and smiled. She stayed with him another five minutes before she woke him gently again. “Lee Rang?” His grip on her had loosened which allowed her to finally turn in his arms. “Lee Rang, I need to get ready for work.”

He crackled an eye open and stared at her. "Call out sick. Stay in bed with me, darling." His voice was still heavy with sleep, half of his words were mumbled but he could tell she caught them all. 

Heat spread across her cheeks at his words. She was so very tempted to agree and rest her head against his chest but she fought the urge. "No can do. I have to go to work. Plus you said you have things to do today. Also, it's Ki Yuri’s birthday. I have to go see her when I get off."