12

The loud bike made it next to impossible to hold a conversation. The closest we got was him asking me if I was still good when we stopped at a stop sign. Occasionally, when a bump or something would startle me, my arms would tighten around Declan's waist. Whenever that happened his hand would rest over mine in an attempt to comfort me.

Finally, we pulled up to a modest two story farmhouse out past the edge of town. I couldn't help but fall in love with the bright blue door that stood out against the white siding. It had a gorgeous wrap around porch with rocking hairs facing out towards the driveway. I could just barely see a play structure peeking out from behind the house. From what I had seen of Benton's grandma at pick-up, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see that they spoil him.

Declan killed the bike and helped me off of it. My legs felt a little unsteady, having not been used to the vibrations like Declan. He held me up until we were both sure I wasn't going to collapse into a pile of jello like limbs.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" He asked, intertwining his fingers with mine.

"I- what if they don't like me?" I whispered my insecurities. The thought had been rattling around in my brain the entire ride but it still felt weird to say them out loud.

"You're joking, right? What is there not to like?" He chuckled as he cupped my face, lifting it so I would look at him. "You're smart, and kind, not to mention absolutely beautiful. My mom already adores you, and I'm pretty sure Benny likes you even more than I do. And trust me that's a lot."

With each compliment my face grew more and more red. Just when I was certain I looked like a tomato a gruff voice called out from the front porch.

"You two gonna sit there making out all night? Or do you wanna come in for dinner? Ma made spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread." Declan's father called out from where he was leaning on the open door frame.

"Who's here, Grandpa?" A little voice called out from inside the house. I was a little surprised at how much I had missed that voice.

"Macie!" He called out, running as fast as his little legs could carry him. He jumped up into my arms, but at the last second Declan grabbed him out of mid air.

"Woah! We've got to be careful, buddy." Declan explained as he lifted his son up onto his hip. "See her arm? Mace has an owie on her arm. We need to be careful with her until she's better."

"We should treat her like a princess." Benny offered, "We are knights, after all."

"You should treat all women like princesses." Declan reminded his son. I loved that despite the big bad biker persona he was such a gentleman.

"I know, daddy. But Macie is our princess, right?" Benny asked, placing a hand on either side of Declan's face, forcing eye contact between them.

"Women aren't property, Benton. It's Miss Macie's choice if she wants to be your princess. And if she says no, you need to respect her choice. Just because you're being raised in an MC doesn't mean you can't be a gentleman. Now, everybody go wash up for dinner. The salad is getting warm and the spaghetti is getting cold." Mrs. Thomas called from the door. "Macie, it's so nice to see you again, dear. Please, come in."

Mrs. Thomas was significantly shorter than Declan and her husband, probably right around my height but it was hard to tell from where she was standing. She wasn't plus sized like I was, but she definitely wasn't as skinny as Ashley. Her brown shoulder length hair had streaks of silver in it, while her square glasses framed her eyes. While she didn't look much like her sons, there was no doubt she was their mom with her ice blue eyes.

"Grandma, can I show Macie my toys?" Benton asked super excitedly, wiggling in his dads arms to the point he almost fell. Thankfully Declan set him down before he could get hurt.