7

"Listen. I really don't think you get how crazy the clubhouse can be. Can't you just stay at my house with me?" Declan begged for what felt like the millionth time during our drive there.

"So the guys like to party. Really, how bad can it be?" I laughed at him, not understanding why he was so concerned.

"Macie. I once saw one of the whores do a line of cocaine off of one guys dick while taking another one in the ass three seconds after I walked in the door. I told you there was a reason I don't bring Benny there." He groaned.

"Whores and cocaine? Wow, Mr. Thomas, you are living quite the extravagant life aren't you?" I tried to make a joke to hide that I was uncomfortable with the idea of him around that.

"Don't worry, Macie, I haven't ever done any hard drugs. When Sin took over he outlawed hard drugs in the clubhouse. Occasionally you might see a joint here or there, but I would like to think all the brothers could pass a drug test. And as far as the club whores go, I haven't touched one of them since I accidentally knocked one up. Unfortunately that doesn't stop them from trying to get in my bed. I'm a little worried that they might give you a hard time because your with me." He pondered. It was easy to see how he got the name Saint. He really sounds like a Saint, at least compared to everyone else.

"Sounds like this is going to be such a fun adventure." I said sarcastically as we pulled up to the clubhouse.

"Listen, if anyone gives you any trouble just come find me." Declan said, putting the truck in park and hopping out. "I'm going to talk to Sin about getting you a prospect for a guard when I'm not around."

"Declan. I don't need a guard." I rolled my eyes at him and slid out of the truck carefully.

"Theamase." He said, causing me to shudder at how sexy he made my awful name sound. "Please, for my sanity, I would like to make sure that you are as safe as possible."

"I can't have a prospect sitting in my classroom while I'm at work." I argued.

"Fine. But he can sit in the parking lot." Declan said exasperated.

I didn't bother arguing with him. I knew I wasn't going to win. I reached for my bag, but Declan was being a gentleman and grabbed it first.

"Also, please don't make a CPS report based off of anything you see happen in the clubhouse. My dad is a little worried about that." Declan said sheepishly.

"Dec, I have absolutely no reason to file a CPS claim. I have seen your home and how you love and interact with Benton. I could never do that to you guys. You keep him away from all of the club stuff and I respect you so much for that. It has got to be incredibly difficult." I said as I hugged him, trying to ease his mind.

"Fuck, you are too perfect, aren't you." Declan chuckled, wrapping his arms around me. "Let's get you settled in."

I braced myself for whatever was behind that door. I was definitely out of my comfort zone, but my comfort zone didn't seem to be safe anymore. When Declan held the door open for me I was mildly surprised to see that it just looked like an empty bar. There was a girl about my age drying glasses behind the bar as she put them away but other than that there was no one. The girl was tall and thin and dark brown hair that stood out heavily against her pale skin.

"Macie, this is Sin's wife Ashley, Ash this is Macie." Declan introduced us, setting my bag down on one of the stools at the bar.

"Actually, I do believe we've met. You're Benton's teacher right?" Ashley asked, smiling at me as she held her hand out for me I shake.

"Yeah. You pick him up some times right?" I recalled.

"Only when Ma needs a break. Who would have expected you to come in here with Saint?" She chuckled. "Actually, to be honest, I'm pretty surprised that Saint brought a woman here in general. What's the occasion?"