Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine:

I wish I could say that we and our little group of friends lasted forever, but we didn't. People drift apart and we lose touch with them along the way. Sometimes, you just forget about them, or you take them for granted. Great friends, like the ones that I had, are hard to come by.

Sadly, though, I'd lost touch with most of the Saints and Sinners by the end of my school life. I remembered that most of us had scattered back to wherever it was that we came from. Beau returned to London to attend Oxford in the autumn, and Demmy followed him there. I kept in touch with those two, meeting up every time I was in London. It was only a few hours drive from where I was living, anyway.

Rou and Caesar went back to America, and I hadn't heard of either of them until watching BBC World News in my late thirties. Their father's company, Camaraderie Petroleum, was left to the both of them, and they'd been embezzling billions of dollars over a period of eleven years, and were now glamorously on the run.

Speaking of people on the run, my aunt Agatha's crystal meth conglomerate had crumbled and she was arrested by the Norwegian police within a year. She served two days of her sentence, before escaping and fleeing to the Caribbean to live out her years on a sandy island paradise. We got postcards from her, sometimes.

And then there's darling Sander. He and Caesar didn't last the rest of the school year. The last I'd seen him, he'd came to my house to say goodbye. He'd contracted AIDs and died within a week, aged twenty-three. And lastly, Yolanda. She lived a lot longer than anyone had expected, even with her disease. We kept in touch more than anyone else. It was just the other day, we met up for coffee.

Looking back on my teenage years, I know now that they weren't even the best of my life. They weren't much, but at least I could remember them, and at least I had Tristan to remember them with. What became of the Saints and Sinners wasn't for me to say, but one thing that I can tell you is that, for once in my life, I am finally happy.

The End.

"Darling, are you done writing today?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "I'm done." I turned on my chair and looked over at him, the man of my dreams. God, I loved him. He was my whole world.

"Well, the kids are waiting, so hurry the fuck up, would you?"

"Papa's swearing!" one of the kids screamed.

"You better shut your shit, munchkin, or I'll get Big Daddy to come and smack you!" he shouted back at them, as they played out in the garden, waiting for us.

"Who's Big Daddy?" I asked, laughing a little.

"You, you idiot. Now get up, Beau and Demmy are waiting for us."

"Oh, I forgot to ask," I said, standing from my chair, "did they ever decide on a name for their new baby?"

"Yeah," Tristan chuckled, "Beaumarillion."

"The absolute fucking idiots."

A.N. ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY WITH THE ENDING? Gosh, I hope so. It's short, but it ends as it started, in a reflective dairy-like format. Idk. Maybe it's lame, maybe not. This was fun while it lasted, but the fun isn't over yet...

{SWIPE TO NEXT UPDATE!!!}