Chapter Four

A.N. This chapter is just one of my favourites, I hope you enjoy! Also, new cast member is Beau, played by the beautiful Thomas Sangster!

Chapter Four:

After meeting Carousel Camaraderie, the carnival sex beast renowned throughout the entire school for being a big slut, the rest of my day should have been uneventful, if not for a kid called Beauregarde Beaudelaire.

"That's cool," I told him. I'd met him a few hours ago, at the beginning of second period geography. He'd been ranting about the newest film that had finally reached the theatre in the village. I couldn't remember the title, it was long and Norwegian and I wasn't very interested. Not to be a bitch, but, well, fuck you.

Beau was the first kid that spoke to me in my next class, and even after I scuttled from the classroom, he followed me around like a lost puppy. It was fine, I mean, I was in fast need of friends anyway, and Beau was nicer than some people that walked those halls back then.

"I think it's gonna be the most wicked thing out this year, can't wait to go and see it tonight. Plus, I've been going to the gym lately, and have you ever sat down and asked yourself what it would be like to meet Meryl Streep? I mean, she's like the Queen. Speaking of the Queen, I'm still waiting for her to die already. Anyway, what did you just say?" the little kid ranted.

I mean, seriously, he just ranted on and on and on. He didn't know when to shut up, not that is was a bad thing. After introducing himself to me in geography, he went on a rant about reading Twilight (ugh, I know) and admitted that he found trees rude and impolite. I smiled, and somehow he must have thought that instantly made us the best of friends, because right after that, he didn't shut up.

But I still felt overwhelmed. Being in a new place was unnerving, I was constantly afraid of what people thought of me. I knew this was a place for sinners, as well as religious nuts, and although I didn't hate my parents for being gay, I didn't want anyone around here knowing. It'd be social suicide, before I even had a social life. Sometimes, it sickened me how some people could twist the idea of God into someone who could hate. That wasn't the kind of God I believed in.

"I hope you like it, it sounds like a good movie," I replied, not really paying attention.

"I'm probably going to love it," Beau continued, talking about that same movie."Hey, come to the cafeteria with me, I require sustenance."

He started leading the way to the cafeteria, mainly because I still hadn't learned my way around here yet. The school building was tremendous, with swirling corridors in all directions and stairs that came up and down at every corner, and the Norwegian signage didn't really help, either. I was surprised I hadn't gotten lost already, but at least I'd made a new friend who could show me around. Despite his constant rantings and ravings. One minute, it's Meryl Streep, and the next, it's about how he can't eat bananas in public because he swears people are watching.

Honestly, Beau was probably the smallest teenage boy I'd ever met, although he was always moaning about a growth spurt that he was waiting for. It would never come.

When he looked up at me, I was sure his neck strained upward to see my face, and he grinned a little. We shared the same features, too, but his hair was more auburn than blond, he'd even demanded that it was "natural," and only one of his eyes were blue, the other a washed-out hazel. Heterochromia - So typical, I thought.

"Is the food good here?" I dared to ask.

"Don't speak of the food here," he said, "it's vile. Like, the most abominable food since the French decided to pickle at snails and frog legs. I mean, in reality, they just found something disgusting and gave it a fancy name. Escargot. God, I hate the French." From the way he spoke his words, he said them with a kind of arrogant likability, I could tell that he was British. And, of course, the complaining. That was also British.