Chapter Twelve: This is going to be a lonnng night (pt.2)

Read the title. You asked for it. As for the votes, Lila's room won. But for those who chose the passion filled rain (wow my own hopelessness just jumped out at me) then don't worry because I may be adding that in later ;)

Side note: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE READING THIS YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY BECAUSE MY CHROMEBOOK DOESN'T HAVE CAPS LOCK AND MY FINGER IS CRAMPING HOLDING ONTO THIS SHIFT BUTTON FOR YOU!!!

-Lila-

"Sigh..." I exhale deeply. Staring at myself in the mirror, I smooth out a wrinkle in my coat. The silver bracelet on my wrist jingles. I haven't worn it in years, but this is a special occasion. My first party.

I glance at my clock. Just a few more minutes. Marinette said we were going early so that we could hang out with Alya while Nino set up the DJ-ing equipment. 

Ding, dong. I jump, nearly tripping over myself. After quickly tying my brown leather boots, I race down the stairs to open the door. Marinette stands there in the doorframe wearing jeans, her jacket, and her purse. Just like always. And just like always, she looks perfect.

"Hey there, good lookin'. Ready for Alya's party?" she jokes.

I try and fail miserably to hide my embarrassment. "Yeah, I-I'm ready."

She giggles.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Nothing. You're just...really adorable, you know that?"

I can feel my face turn red. "H-huh?"

"Yeah! You're always so flustered and funny, like a kitten."

Did she just compare me to a kitten? 

"Umm...I'll take it." 

She laughs again. It makes my heart jump. "Come on, let's get to Alya's house." She loops her arm with mine and I blush as she leans her head on my shoulder. 

I walk silently the whole time as Marinette rambles on, her warmth filling me with joy.

"Hey girls!" Alya greets us as she marches on up to us. She flashes her phone in our faces then steps back to admire the picture she took of us.

"Ooo, well what do we have here? Hmm? Two love birds in a tree?" she smirks.

Marinette rolls her eyes. "Ugh, come on Alya! Lila and I are just friends." She tries to act nonchalant but she releases her arm from mine and shifts her weight. She glances at me.

Back me up here.

"Oh! Um, yeah. Haha, we're just friends Alya, relax." I chuckle nervously.

Alya eyes us suspiciously but gets distracted by a honking car pulling up to the side of the road.

A man pops his head out the window and says, "Hey there, folks! Are you Miss Alya Cesaire?" He looks at me.

I glance around before realizing they're waiting for my answer. "Huh? Oh, who me?"

No, that pigeon. Yes you, doofus!

"Oh, no. This is Alya." I point to her.

"Ah, my mistake Miss. Please, come in."

"Wait," Marinette says. She looks at Alya. "I thought we were gonna hang out here!"

Alya rolls her eyes and sighs. "Marinette, girl, please. This party isn't just gonna be hanging out and drinking beer and trashing the place like all the other parties! This is a professional event... Where we just happen to hang out, drink beer, and trash the place. You need to look sophisticated! And right now, you two lovebirds look like garbage."