Chapter Seventeen: Extra greasy for me, please.

-Marinette-

My eyes flutter open. I slowly sit up, looking around groggily. That's when I remember I'm at Lila's house. Yawning, I stretch and scratch my head, my rat-nest hair tangling around my fingers. I look down and see Lila smushed against the couch, next to me. We must've fallen asleep late because it looks like it's already noon. 

The sun shines through Lila's partially closed blinds and I get up, carefully pulling the blanket back over Lila. She flinches and mutters something, but doesn't wake up. I walk out of the living room and into the kitchen, not entirely sure of what to do. 

Rummaging through the cupboards, I find a half-eaten bag of Doritos. I sit down and pull my phone out of my pocket, where it left a painful indent. That's when I realize that I'm still wearing Lila's clothes. 

Oh well. I think, shrugging it off. It's kind of nice anyway...

I reach into the bag of chips and munch on them while scrolling through my phone. A few minutes later, Lila walks into the kitchen, dragging her feet across the tiled floor. She doesn't look much better than I do.

"Hey," I mutter, not looking up from my phone.

She nods in my direction and I glance up. Dark circles lay under her eyes.

Lila groans. "We're out of fruit loops," she complains.

"How about some Doritos? They're probably just as unhealthy." I offer.

She snorts. "Why not?"

We spend our morning eating chips and looking at our phones. Real romantic. 

Wiping the cheesy powder from my hands on a paper towel, I get up and say, "I'm gonna go get dressed."

"Mind if I join?" Lila teases, smirking.

I blush and roll my eyes, walking away. As soon as I enter Lila's room, memories from last night come flowing back. I remember confessing my feelings for her, us kissing. 

I pull my strawberry dress off the hook on the wall and change into it. It's wrinkled and feels stuffy. I hear Lila's footsteps as she walks in, leaning on the door frame behind me.

Turning around to face her, I say, "Well, it's not terrible."

"You could borrow some of my clothes if you want. I'm sure I'll find something to fit you," she says. Lila walks over to her closet and opens it up, revealing an assortment of clothing.

She starts rummaging through them as I stand there awkwardly watching.

"Aha!" she exclaims. "Here, how about this?"

Lila holds up a navy blue jumpsuit with spaghetti straps.

"It's a hand-me-down, so obviously it doesn't fit. Try this on," she tosses me the jumpsuit and closes the closet door.

"Um, are you going to change?" 

I blush, hoping Lila doesn't notice. 

"Y-yeah...I guess I was hoping for some privacy,"

"O-oh! Yeah, sorry about that. Here," Lila turns around and covers her eyes with her hands.

This feels stupid, but I can't ask her to turn around again, because that'd be weird. So, I quickly strip down and change into the navy blue jumpsuit.

Once I manage to untwist the straps, I say, "You can look now."

Lila turns around and grunts, her eyes scanning the outfit. "Not bad. You can keep it if you want, it-it looks great on you." She looks away and I smile.

"Thanks..."

She nods.

"So," Lila says, "What do you want to do today?"

I shrug. "I don't know, do you want to go to the movies or something?"

"Sure, let's go."

And with that, Lila grabs her bag and we head out the door. 

"Should we call a cab?" I ask as we walk outside.

"Let's walk this time."

I nod in agreement and we head to the movie theater, hand in hand.

We arrive at the theater around one, just in time to catch (insert movie here). 

"You want popcorn?" Lila asks me.

"Sure," I say.

"How much butter do you want?"

"Lots."

"And how much is lots?"

"I don't know, extra greasy?"

Lila curls her lip in disgust. "Greasy?"

I shake my head up and down vigorasly, trying to keep a straight face.

"Extra greasy for me, please."

She laughs and walks away to get the popcorn.

Lila comes back a few minutes later with a giant bucket, filled to the brim with yellow-ish popcorn.

"Mmm...grease." 

"Oh, shut up." Lila snaps, laughing.

We walk into the theater and shuffle around until we find our seats. 

After settling in, I say, "Oh good, we didn't miss the previews!"

Lila smirks. "Of course, you like to watch the previews."

"Well, don't you?"

"Don't I what, like to watch the same Coca-cola ads a million times until it switches over to Pepsi? No, thank you."

I chuckle. "Well, I mean..."

"Cat got your tounge?"

Rolling my eyes I say, "Not you too!"

We giggle together and the movie finally starts (after several enjoyable previews). As the characters blab on, I decide to be bold and lean my head on Lila's shoulder. Well, I guess 'bold' isn't exactly the right word...I mean we are kind of...dating? I guess?

"Hey, Lila," I whisper. Lila looks down at me, the pale light from the screen reflecting on her face. "Are we dating?"

She looks surprised by the question, and I blush. 

Should I not have asked that?

But instead of snapping at me, Lila smiles.

"Yeah, I mean, if you want to." she says.

I grin spreads over my face. "Yeah, I would like that."

I let my head rest on her shoulder again and she pulls me closer as we snuggle in the theater. 

(This was just a bonus chapter, I'm having a mild writers block but I think might have it planned out :3)