𝐈𝐕

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hiyori walked through the dim-lit halls, decorated with statues and flags or royalty-alike. She was heading to Momonga's office along with Lamia, who was walking beside her.

Hm... walking?

"Lamia? I have a question to ask." Hiyori spoke and Lamia's long ears perked up at her name. "Surely I made you a naga... how do you have feet, even more so, legs?"

Lamia seemed to redden at the question as she tilted her head away a bit. "Back in the temple. When I had my form to be a naga, my tail keeps on being stepped on by the other servants by accident... so I had to change my form."

Hiyori nodded slowly in acknowledgment. "Oh, that makes sense. Do you still frequently change back?"

"Not at all, my lady." Lamia shook her head. "Having legs lessen the inconvenience and it doesn't really use up my energy, so I usually leave it as it is. Do you... dislike it?"

"Hm? No, not at all. Why ask that?"

"O-Oh, um." The naga stuttered. "Nothing much, my lady. I am merely curious."

"You're curious in the most random of things, Lamia." Hiyori laughed a deep rich laugh and Lamia couldn't help but be fascinated by the sound. "Though, I do not wish for you to cease such curiosity."

"Then what of the saying that you often say? What was it... curiosity killed the cat?"

"But you forget, Lamia, satisfaction brought it back," Hiyori smirked at the naga before turning her heel at a corner, leaving Lamia dazed at the glance that her master gave her. She almost stumbled at her feet, catching up to Hiyori, who merely chuckled at her creation's silliness.

"Hah..."

A sigh.

"Hmm..."

And yet another.

"Huh..."

Sebas was a patient man as he counted the nineteenth sigh that Momonga exhaled in ten minutes. His master was hunched over his desk, looking through dozens of papers on the guild's defensive plans and records.

Even though Momonga didn't possess flesh, Sebas could hazard a guess that if he did, his eyebrows would be in a tight knot, eyes filled with pure frustration and confusion.

"Lord Momonga, I would suggest taking a rest."

In response, Momonga grumbled and shook his head. "No, it is fine. I must finish analyzing these data before Hiyori arrives."