Chapter II: Influence

Luz P.O.V.

I can't stop thinking about dad and Zander. What even happened to them? They were so nice at one point. I mean everyone has their faults and their right to an opinion but to do the things they did... "Fuck..." I whispered to myself as I sat up from laying in bed. By the time Willow and her family left it was pretty late, so Amity and I agreed to call it a night and head to bed. I wish I could've passed out as easy as Amity, then again I've never had much luck with sleeping well. I glanced at the clock on the bedside table. "Shit it's two in the morning already?" I sighed standing up. If my mind wasn't gonna let me sleep I might as well be productive. I decided to pack for tomorrow, or well I guess today, that way I can spend my morning with Amity and Rain.

Rain, damn what am I going to tell her? I don't even want to be far away from her for to long.

I grabbed my backpack and put a couple outfits in it. The more I thought about it the more I didn't want to leave. "Alright Amity, you win I wasn't thinking." I groaned annoyed at the situation. I finished packing and set the bag next to the door when I heard my phone start going off. I quickly picked it up hoping it hadn't woken Amity up. I glanced across the screen realizing someone was calling me. It wasn't a number I recognized but I knew the area code. I answered the call and walked out of the room into the hallway continuing to walk towards the kitchen. "Hello?"

"My, my, I guess you were right when you said I keep you up all night." I stopped walking immediately, gritting my teeth at the sound of the voice.

"How the hell do you have my number?" He laughed, unnervingly enough it made my body tense up. 

"Oh come on Baby doll, you know you can't get enough of me."

"Fuck you."

"Love you too." I tightened my freehand into a fist, god damnit why can't I hate him?!

"Listen, I don't know why you called, or why you're so fucking obsessed with me but I'm tired of it. I'm married and have a kid I don't need to deal with your shit right now!" I accidentally let my voice go to a yell before I desperately tried to calm myself down. "S-so please don't contact me again." My voice came out shaky and unconvincing.

"Busy schedule I see, just my luck that you're such a light sleeper Noceda. Well then, I have a proposition for you."

"You are so fucking lucky I don't hate you." I could just feel him grin on the other side of the phone while he cackled happily. "What is it?"

"We meet up around seven pm, at our old treehouse. I'll take you on one last date to prove how much better I can be than that pathetic girl of yours, on the condition you don't wear your wedding ring."

"What's in it for me?"

"I take you to your father. One night with you to myself is all I ask." I bit my lip uncertain what to say. If Zander broke dad out he surely would know where he is, but who knows if what he says is true? Besides all that am I really willing to risk going on a date with him? "So what'll it be baby doll?"

"Fine, but if you pull any tricks and try to hurt someone the deal is off." He giggled excitedly, aggravating me.

"See you soon Señorita~" He ended the call and I instantly collapsed. I caught myself on the kitchen counter feeling my body shudder. I started crying uncontrollably I couldn't help it. He knew how to get me just by the tone of his voice. My arm slid off the table letting my body drop to the floor as I kept sobbing. I buried my face into my hands as I curled up on the kitchen floor.

"Why can't I just fucking hate him."

"M-mamá? Why are you crying?" I looked up to see Rain holding a stuffed animal tightly in her arms. Her face made it clear she was on the verge of crying. I let go of my phone and wiped my tears as best I could before pulling Rain into a hug.