Chapter VI: Nerves

Luz's P.O.V.

It's been a while since I met up with Zander and I still can't take my mind off it. I need to be focused when I meet up with dad but Zander's definitely not helping. Despite what happened I'm glad I got to see Kyle again, even if he ended up interrogating me about Zander... I shook my head trying to think clearly.

If I can't calm myself down, meeting up with dad will be nothing but yelling and arguing.

I sighed, pondering the situation.  "I'm an adult I can handle this."

"That's debatable." I turned around to see Amity leaning on the doorframe of our bedroom, chuckling slightly. She had yet to change, however she seemed content with messing me with rather than getting dressed.

"I'm twenty-four! That qualifies me as an adult."

"You're literally wearing an Azura shirt from the kids section." Amity walked closer towards me, closing the door behind her as she pointed to my shirt.

"You know I shop in every section—" Amity laughed putting a finger to my lips to shut me up.

"Because you have a size in everything, I know sweetie." Amity looked me up and down thinking of what to say. "Is this what you're wearing?" I shrugged in response.

"I don't know what to wear. I-it's not like it's that important right? Why am I stressing over it?" I sighed to put an end to my rambling. "What do you think?"

"Well I think you're very aware of how I prefer to see you, granted that's just when it's us." Amity kissed me again before leaning back, humming in thought. "Actually I think it's perfect. It shows him that you're still childish, or that you still have an interest in Azura. Well that's the take away I'd get from seeing you wear it."

"If you say so." I looked over Amity and watched her await a response expectantly. "Y'know you need to get dressed yourself." I leaned closer to Amity allowing me to grab hold of her and put my hands under shirt.

"I didn't say I'd need your help." Amity locked eyes with me as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You didn't say you don't want it either." Amity lifted her hands to hold my face as we kissed. I felt Amity pull away simply to mess with me. She grinned as she moved one of her hands to grab my hair gently.

"You got a lot of confidence trying to start something, especially when you have to leave so soon." Amity pulled on my hair just enough so I couldn't kiss her.

"W-we have an hour..." Amity released my hair and kissed me.

"An hour you should spend thinking about what you'll say to your dad, not an hour you should spend fooling around with your wife. Correct?"

"Si Mamita." I groaned disappointed and let go of Amity making her chuckle.

"Come on Sweetie, we have all the time in the world after this. You just need to learn to be patient."

"You know I've never been good at that." Amity snickered and went over to her bag to find clothes and change.

"Exactly, so this is good practice." Amity set her clothes on our bed before undressing herself, beforehand she gave me a look as if to say 'turn around' likely so I wouldn't be tempted.

"What it's not like I haven't seen you naked before."

"Mmhm, I know. Now turn around or leave." By the time Amity had said that she had already taken her shirt off. I sighed knowing I wasn't getting anything worth standing there for, so I left the room. Once I left I noticed Mom holding Rain. She looked slightly worried but was doing her best to hide it from Rain.