Chapter V: Cope

Amity P.O.V.

I had been sitting on the couch for a while impatiently waiting for Luz. She still hasn't texted me back, but Ghost hasn't shown up to warn me about anything yet so everything should be fine. "Her phone probably died. She does have a habit of not charging it enough..." I sighed as I got up walking over to the window Ghost had jumped out of. It was practically pitch black outside. If it wasn't for the moonlight you wouldn't even be able to see your hand in front of your face. I was about to go sit back down but I saw Ghost race for the front door. I quickly opened it only for Ghost to run away. I looked towards where he went but I couldn't tell what he was trying to show me it's too dark. I grabbed the phone Luz gave me and figured out where the flashlight option was so I could see. Once it turned on I started following Ghost and it wasn't long before I saw Zander on top of Luz. I tightened my hands into fists trying to restrain myself from using magic.

"Why don't you just shut up already? Didn't your wife ever teach you to be quiet? Or your dad for that matter?" Luz couldn't stop from moaning slightly at his touch only infuriating me. Whatever part of him was 'nice' I'll never fucking know.

"Get your hands off her!" Zander stopped once he heard me completely in shock.

"H-hey there's no need to be-" I smacked him before he could even finish talking forcing him to let go of Luz. I pulled him off her as quickly as I could. Once Luz could move she immediately backed away from Zander and covered herself. I twisted Zander's arm making him whine in agony. "Miss please this is just a simple misunderstandi-Ack!" I twisted his arm further effectively shutting him up.

"Listen, as much as I would love ripping you up into pieces and using you as cat food, I'd rather not make a scene."

"What are you gonna do? You and I both know Luz wouldn't ever let you even consider killing me. We both know she still loves me." I bent his arm and wrapped him in a head lock tired of listening to his bullshit.

"Unless you want me to break your arm I'd pipe down asshole." He nodded in a panic as I cast a sleeping spell on him. Once he lost consciousness I dropped him and looked over at Luz. "You okay?" Luz nodded taking a deep breath. I walked closer to Luz looking her over Zander only had time to undo a couple buttons on her shirt, but he did leave a hickey on Luz. Her body's trembling terribly.

"Fuck that went so badly...." Luz buried her face into her hands. "He didn't even try anything until then..." Luz put her hand up to her neck likely tracing where Zander had kissed her. "Joder, esto apenas valió la pena. Podría haber encontrado a papá por mi cuenta..." Luz started speaking Spanish it sounded like she was regretting everything. I crouched next to her and pulled Luz into a hug feeling her tightly cling to me.

"Stop you're beating yourself up again. He tricked you into trusting him. He was just playing with you till he found an opportunity." Luz finally started crying as she buried her head into my shoulder.

"I know...I can't tell if anything he said today was genuine or not... I should've been able to tell but he seemed so kind a-and he just...fuck I don't know."

"Zander was out of line acting on impulse. Luz this isn't your fault." Luz pulled away from me trying to wipe the tears out of her eyes.

"I know...I know! I really do but...I don't feel it. I mean I've been there for him since we were what seven? How come I couldn't tell his intentions? A-and then there's everything that happened with dad and i-if I never felt this way..." Luz shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. "Never mind I don't want to think on it anymore, l-let's just call the cops and go to bed." I nodded grabbing my phone and finding the app. Suddenly Ghost hissed gaining our attention I turned around to watch him start clawing at Zander's face.