「 The Rose That Blooms Forever 」

'Mending the Heart'—Ren and Otoya's duet song—was an instantaneous hit. Upon its release, it broke records and topped charts. As their film had released around the same time, their popularity skyrocketed to greater heights. STARISH was everywhere in the blink of an eye, with fans begging for another duet to purify their ears and soothe their fangirl spirits. Unfortunately, due to their busy schedules and other projects, the duo couldn't deliver that promise. Instead, their popularity thrust infinitely more responsibility onto your shoulders. There was hardly the time for a break, proper rest, or doubt. The music industry was draining and time-consuming, and since becoming a full-fledged employee of the Shining Agency, you had to dedicate a lot of your free-time to working.

Of course, a smooth-tongued, dashingly handsome idol made the experience infinitely better.

~1 Year Later~

"What's all this?"

A bouquet of bright red roses was accompanied by Ren's charming smile.

"Am I not allowed to surprise my dearest lady on our anniversary?"

They were the flowers he'd been growing in his garden, tending to them with the gentlest of care. This wasn't the first time he'd gifted you roses, but the bouquets seemed to get larger and larger each time. If Ren loved anything, it was grand romantic gestures. Since you started dating, he constantly found a way to set your pulse racing. It was as if he took pleasure in flustering you, which was a fairly simple task as it didn't take much for your heart to fly off with your brain when it came to this flirtatious idol.

Of course, you desperately fought fire with fire, and regularly bested him in your video game competitions, but even when he lost, Ren appeared nothing but elated gazing at your smile.

"You're surprising me every day so that argument is invalid," you said. "Also, last I heard, your schedule was packed. Are you sure you can afford to be here?"

He smiled. "I slipped out early. Ikki and the others can manage without me." Scooping your fingers into his, he ducked forward. "Besides, in life, there are more important things than work." He planted a gentle kiss on your cheek. "And for me, my most important is you."

Okay, melting.

Ren's lips curved higher.

"I've got a great evening planned for us. After you, my lady."

-----------

Considering Ren flirted like he breathed and went to extreme lengths for your dates to demonstrate how special you were to him, Ren parking his car near a busy city plaza was to the least of your expectations. No scenic views accompanied by an extravagant picnic blanket and basket, no top-class restaurant and stuffy rich individuals.