「 I'll Be Your Sunshine 」

'Mending the Heart'—Ren and Otoya's duet song—was an instantaneous hit. Upon its release, it broke records and topped charts. As their film had released around the same time, their popularity skyrocketed to greater heights. STARISH was everywhere in the blink of an eye, with fans begging for another duet to purify their ears and soothe their fangirl spirits. Unfortunately, due to their busy schedules and other projects, the duo couldn't deliver that promise. Instead, their popularity thrust infinitely more responsibility onto your shoulders. There was hardly the time for a break, proper rest, or doubt. The music industry was draining and time-consuming, and since becoming a full-fledged employee of the Shining Agency, you had to dedicate a lot of your free-time to working.

Of course, an affable, puppy-like idol made the experience infinitely better.

~1 year later~

"You cooked this for me? No way! You're the best, (First Name)! How did you know I was craving it?"

"When aren't you in the mood for curry? It's amazing how you never get sick of it," you remarked. "If I didn't intervene, you'd find an excuse to eat it every day."

"Because it's that good." He'd scarfed down half of the plate between elated hums of delight and was already prepping for seconds. "Chunks of meat and a huge helping of veggies. . . mhmm, this is exactly how I love it!"

You restrained yourself from splitting your sides in laughter. Otoya would never change. From day one, he was a burst of fresh air. A carefree, slaphappy ray of sunshine. The smiles he donned saved you time and time again, and made everyone around him smile. Every day by his side was a dream come true. Often, you had to pinch yourself to remind yourself you weren't burrowed in your delusions, and that he genuinely was apart of your life.

Taking the seat adjacent to him, you giddily smiled as he contentedly devoured the dinner you'd spent a fair amount of time getting ready. He'd been working non-stop all week, so it was understandable his appetite was larger than ever. Nonetheless, it was adorable how childlike his reaction was.

Without warning, Otoya dropped his spoon. It hit the empty plate with an ear-splitting clink. A mixture of disbelief and horror contorted his features.

Your stomach flip-flopped. "Otoya? What's wrong?"

"Oh no." He swivelled in your direction, guilt painting his frown. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I accidentally started eating without you!"

The realization hit you in one full swing. Belated, and numbly, you stared at him, unblinking.

"It's okay," you said.

"Of course it isn't okay." He clutched strands of his hair. "I ate your share, didn't I? I totally did! Scrumptious or not, I did something totally inconsiderate."