「 Re-encounter 」

"(First Name)! Are you listening to me?"

Waking from your reverie, your turned your head toward your closest friend. They were wearing such an exasperated expression on their face as they groaned, extending the drink you had requested they purchase.

"There you go, (Name of Favourite Drink)." Your friend shook their head at you as they drank theirs, taking a seat on one of the vacant benches in the small building you were in. "You've been in a daze since last weekend," they pointed out. "Did something happen?"

You resisted the frown threatening to tug down your lips at the mention. Taking a leisure sip of the beverage, you coolly said, "Nothing did."

Your friend wore a dubious look on their face. It wasn't long before you felt uncomfortable under their scrutinizing.

"I'm fine, (Name), I'm just thinking about stuff."

"Stuff, huh?" they drawled, sourly glancing at your device rested upon your lap. "Is this 'stuff' related to the fact that you have a picture of you, Ren Jinguji and Otoya Ittoki as your background wallpaper?"

You flinched and hurriedly fiddled for your device. "What? No!"

"Yeah, right! Let me see!"

Before you could dare stop them, they'd already swooped in and plucked it right out of your hands.

You were stuck watching as they took a good look at your background photo. It was of you and a smiling Ren and Otoya—a picture you had requested before their departure that day. But to think your closet friend had caught sight of it. . . !

"Oh, wow," they said, wide-eyed as they stared at the picture. "This isn't photoshopped. Wait— you really met two members of STARISH? And you didn't tell me?"

You slipped your possession out of their hand only to briefly peek at the picture yourself. "I didn't? Sorry, I thought I did."

"(First Name), why aren't you freaking out a little more? This is crazy!" they said with a clear shine in their eyes. "Almost as crazy as you getting to help out groups at the Shining Agency! The President of that agency literally scouted you this morning!"

I know, you wanted to tell them. But you couldn't exactly find the news to be celebratory. As crazy as the surprise was this morning—you being called in by the President of your no-name industry to find Shining Saotome asking for your assistance—it was beyond your wildest dreams. Though, that didn't mean you weren't aware of what idol groups were acquainted with the Shining Agency.

You were deeply aware. And one group you were asked to work with was the very group you heard was going through turmoil by Ren days earlier. And as if to prove his words true, all of STARISH's performances had been unexpectedly cancelled until further notice, and nobody had heard from them since. The news swept over almost all of Japan, shocking fans everywhere.